Fate?

Natsu's POV

I sat there, on the couch for a good 15 minutes. Eventually I got to the point of boredom where I didn't care about the pain, I just needed to get up. Slowly I pushed myself onto my elbows and sat up. My body groaned in protest but I was determined to get up. With much difficulty I swung my legs over the side of the couch and arose to a standing position. Smiling triumphantly I grabbed my coat and walked out the front door. I may not feel good but the fresh air sure felt nice on my face. I took a deep breath and turned down my street, I didn't know where I was going, but anyway, it would work for now.

I took this time to once again think over my situation. I decided to make my way over to Lucy's house. I didn't know where else to go and I felt like she would be able to help me. 

I looked up from my thoughts and saw boy about my age walking with his head down towards me. I stopped in my tracks trying to identify the stranger, but I couldn't see under the hood he was wearing. He looked like he was in a hurry, his footsteps were rushed and his breathing was clearly labored. 

"Hello?" I asked, my curiosity growing stronger the closer he got. 

The figure jumped and turn there head towards me. "Natsu?" Grays voice replied from under the black fabric. 

I couldn't stop my self from smiling. Fate was such an odd thing. "What are you doing out here?" I questioned as he walked closer. "It's cold!" 

He paused. "I could ask you the same thing!" He answered after a moments hesitation.

I nodded, not wanting to answer his question. I feel like if he knew I got beat up by his cousin he would get angry and do something stupid. I don't want him getting into trouble on account of me. 

"How are you?" He asked, interrupting the silence. 

"Just as fine as I was this morning," I lied, smiling for effect. I couldn't see his face because of the jacket, but I could have sworn he looked like he was crying. 

"That's a lie," He whispered, his voice cracking mid sentence. "I'm sorry... again." 

My heart almost broke yet again. This poor boy blames himself for everything Laxus does. That's not fair. "So you heard about that?" I laughed, rubbing the back of my head. "I promise I'm okay. It didn't hurt that bad." 

"I saw the video of it," He responded. "Please tell me the truth. I know it hurt." 

I sighed. "It hurt, but I rested up and I'm fine now."

He didn't answer, but I could tell he was crying. 

"Please don't blame yourself for what he does Gray. You didn't know he was going to do this and there's nothing you could have done to stop it." 

He nodded. "I'll try though." 

"You better not!" I said, louder than I intended too, causing him to jump. "I don't want you getting hurt. 

"Too late," he mumbled, thinking I couldn't hear him. 

I swiftly grabbed his hand (FEELINGA LIKE AN IDIOT AS I DID SO BECAUSE HIS SKIN FELT LIKE SOFT SILK AND HIS HANDS WERE COLD AND AHHHH), and pulled him down a less crowded side street. Before he could protest I pulled down his hood and let out an audible gasp. His left eye was surrounded with bruising and there was a small gash on his cheek. Tears were flowing from his icy blue eyes and I wanted to wipe them away so bad but I didn't want to hurt him or freak him out. 

"Gray," I started cautiously, looking over the rest of his body, "What did you do?" 

He sniffled, "Well... when they showed me the video I got really mad and stood up for you but uh..." He paused and smiled, "I guess I forgot who I was dealing with," another pause. "Not that I care though because what he did was fucking stupid and he needed to hear that."

I smiled and pulled him into a tight hug. I heard him grunt and hiss before wrapping his arms around me in return and pushing my head down so it rested on his shoulder. I know I just met him but this felt so right and for some reason I felt as though I wanted to spend the rest of my life in this position. 

"Thank you," he cried, rubbing my back. "I needed that." And with that he pulled away. 

"Anytime," I smiled. I felt my cheeks heat up and I prayed that he didn't realize. 

"Ya know you're really cute when you blush," he blurted out in a barely audible voice. 

"What?" I asked pretending I didn't hear him. My heart fluttered and the butterflies in my stomach did a little dance. 

Before he could say anything the sound of feet running around the corner startled us both, successfully ruining the moment. 

"GRAY!" an annoyingly high voice called out. "GRAY IT'S JUVIA!" 

"Fuck," Gray mumbled as he put his hood back up. "She was there!"  He gave me an apologetic look before shewing me off with his hands. "I'll see you tomorrow Natsu." 

"I hope so," I responded before smiling and running off. He was too freaking sweet to me.