The First Kiss

A/N: This is kind of a time skip so pay attention lol 

Natsu's POV 

It has been about a month since Gray and I had first met. We don't talk much in school, but we hang out a lot on the weekends. It works out perfectly, we can still spend time together and Laxus doesn't need to know. 

If I thought I liked Gray before though, imagine my feelings now. He hasn't gotten any less sweet or any less attractive. He's still the same perfect boy that sat next to me on the school bus. 

"Natsu it's Saturday night," Gajeel called up the steps, "Go out and do something." 

I laughed as I looked at myself one last time in the mirror. I was wearing my nice dark blue skinny jeans with a salmon colored top, a dark blue cardigan and of course, my scarf. I quickly re-fluffed my hair before running down the steps. "Already on it."

"Wow," he paused to take in my appearance, "you look like you're going on a date."

I blushed slightly, "Nope, just meeting a friend," I shot back, popping the "p" in nope. 

The door bell rang, signaling that Gray was here to pick me up. I pushed past Gajeel and struggled to unlock the three locks keeping me from getting to the outside world. Finally I got it open and felt my mouth drop open upon seeing Gray. He was wearing a heavy leather jacket, black skinny jeans, and an almost see through white tank top. His hair was neatly swiped back into a dark gray snap back. My knees felt weak. 

"Take a picture," He whispered, waving his hand in front of my face, "It lasts longer." 

I shook my head and stepped back. I took a deep breathe before calling to Gajeel that I was leaving. He grunted and walked over to Gray who looked slightly nervous. 

"Who is this?" My brother asked. 

"Gray... The friend I was talking about." I answered, wondering why he cared all the sudden. 

"Pleasure to meet you," Gray smiled, putting out his hand for Gajeel to take. 

Instead, he grabbed Gray by the shoulders and pushed him inside the house and against the wall. 

"Gajeel what the fuck are you doing! I exclaimed, running over to his side. 

"This is the punk that let you get beat up!?" he screamed, pointing an accusing finger at a petrified Gray. 

"NO NO NO!" I yelled, prying Gajeels grip away. His composure loosened and Gray took that opportunity to slip away. "Goodbye," I huffed, running after Gray and slamming the door behind me. 

"You have a nice family," Gray sighed, fixing his jacket and hair. 

"Yeah... sorry about them," I nervously chuckled. 

"It's fine. You look good," Gray said. 

I smiled, "So do you. Where are we going today?" 

He smirked and grabbed my hand, an action that I have gotten used to. "I know you hate surprises, but this one is one I think you'll enjoy."

I groaned, but the smile stayed on my face. After about five more minuets of walking we arrived at a small park I never knew existed. It was really breath taking. There was a small swing set in the middle of a large empty field and a few small street lights that illuminated the area. There was not a single person in sight and the wind blew ever so slightly, making this not only the perfect spot, but the perfect night as well. 

"Do you like it?" Gray asked, squeezing my hand. 

I opened my mouth like I was going to answer before yanking my hand away from his warm grip and sprinting full speed to the swing set. I heard his feet hitting the ground behind me and before I knew it he was by my side. 

"Race ya," I said, speeding up. He once again was by my side in a matter of seconds. We kept up this pace and made it to our destination at the same time. 

"I so won," He breathed out, flopping to the ground over dramatically. 

"In your dreams Snowflake," I giggled, using the nickname I had given him a few weeks ago. 

"Na that's where you belong," he responded, causing me to blush. He always said this weirdly romantic things that drive me crazy. I hate/love it. 

"Flirt," I grunted, pulling myself onto the cold plastic swing. 

"Shush you love me," He joked. 

My breathing hitched in my throat. I really did...

"Anyway.... how have you been since I last talked to you?" He asked, breaking the silence. 

I paused, "Well it's only been four days since we last talked, but I've been good. Better than I have felt in a long time actually." 

He grinned, "That's great!" 

I nodded and swung myself back and forth in the swing. 

"Hey Natsu?" Gray suddenly said. 

"Yeah?" I replied, turning to look at him. 

"I- I uh... never mind," He turned away, hiding his face behind is raven hair. 

"What?" I asked again, getting curious. 

"I said never mind," he laughed, playing it off. 

"You sure?" I pried, hoping he would tell him what he had on his mind. 

"I really rikandfalkdfna dflk," He mumbled. 

"Excuse me?" I asked, leaning in closer. 

"I really li-asdlkfanf" 

"You really..." I motioned for him to continue. 

"I REALLY LIKE SPENDING TIME WITH YOU!" He suddenly shouted, hiding his head in this hands. 

I smiled at how adorably shy he was before tapping him on the shoulder until his eyes met mine. I offered him a hopefully reassuring smile. "I like spending time with you too Gray." 

"I also like you," He whispered, his usual cocky self fading away. 

I smiled even more and sighed. "I like you too Gray." 

"I like you a lot." He said leaning in ever so slightly. 

"I like you a lot too Gray," I answered, doing the same. 

"I want you to be my boyfriend," He mumbled, tilting his head so our lips were almost touching. 

"I would like that too... Gray," I breathed, closing the distance between us.