Epilogue

Evening had always been her favorite time, for it was the one time that both her homes looked the same. Cavalon Castle did not have the rowdy, untamed nuance that MacKenzie Keep had. In contrast, the Castle was serene, quiet, and one could find privacy here much easier than one could at MacKenzie Keep. But over the two years she had been switching her homes every six months, Evie had learned to love both her homes equally. She no longer resented Cavalon Castle as her prison, but viewed it as her mother's final legacy. Her father had also been getting much better at the whole being a 'father' business.

Of course, that could have something to do with the dark haired baby boy currently playing with his newly discovered toes on the blanket next to her.

Six month old Caederyn Gilroy was a copy of his father, save for the identical green eyes that looked back at Evie as she stroked her son's thick dark hair. Even at his young age, his personality shone very clearly. Cheeky and curious, he had inherited both Evie's adventurous streak and Connor's apparent lack of fear, which was quite a deadly combination. The fact that he couldn't walk just yet was a blessing. Even at six months old, he was starting to crawl and was already giving them much grief.

Connor had been busy picking up the ropes again after an eight month absence due to Evie's birth giving, which left the redhead now to spend some quality time with her son before she was called in for dinner. Smiling as Caederyn babbled, the girl picked her up, the familiar weight of her child a comfort to her. Sitting him up on her lap, Evie bounced him, grinning when the young boy babbled happily.

"Cade, do you want to hear a story?" she asked the young boy, knowing full well he wasn't yet able to reply. Evie spoke to him anyway though, for it was always a delight to her to hear him babbling in return.

"Once upon a time, a princess was guarded by her father in the castle. Her father loved her, but was too overprotective. The princess wanted to explore the world,but the overprotective father didn't let her." 

The door to Cavalon Castle opened behind her, but Evie was too engrossed in entertaining her flailing son to notice the creak of the opening hinges, as she continued speaking. "She was stubborn though, and did everything she could to try and follow her father's demands, but seek out adventure at the same time. Her adventure brought her to a prince who showed her the world, and eventually, the prince became her world."

"They wedded, in a splendid ceremony. Where the decorations were a gift from Mother Nature herself, and the songs from overjoyed creatures that made the forest their home. The colors burst forth on the morning they wedded, and the promise between the prince and princess made to last forever." The final note in her tone subdued Caederyn, but his squeal of laughter started again when Evie rubbed her nose against his tummy, laughing along with the six-month old before a voice behind her made her look back, grinning when she saw the sight of her husband dressed in his regular tunic and pants.

"The prince is willing to give his princess more then the world. But right now, both prince and princess and their precious son need to have some dinner. Yer cook prepared Caederyn's first meal. Mashed peas." Connor made a face as he headed over to pick his son from Evie's arms, giving the dark head so alike his a kiss, before slipping an arm around Evie's waist.

For a moment, the Highland warrior dwelled on how content his life was right now. While he still did not fancy the idea of living among the English, his father-in-law has showed him that he did not necessarily need to mingle overly much with them. The occasional showing of face in a few balls, voting as his place as the Viscount of Karlsborough when the time came, all of that sounded doable to Connor. He had grown comfortable in Cavalon Castle, even growing proud that one day eventually, he would be Master over everyone within the lands. Connor wanted to make his father proud, to be as just and as fair of a Laird as his father was.

Evie settled him, her vibrant presence a sense of peace for him. Glancing down at her red head, his heart swelled when he remembered her description of the day they wedded. He occasionally felt sorry that he couldn't manage to give her the pomp and glamour that she deserved for a wedding, but it wasn't till he heard what he told baby Caederyn earlier, did he realize that Evie was entirely happy with the wedding.

"Are ye happy, wife?" he couldn't help but ask, as they stepped over the threshold through the corridor leading to the dining hall. Caught off guard by his question, Evie blinked her green eyes at him in confusion for a little, and then smiled. Standing on her toes, she reached up to give him a peck on his cheeks.

"Of course. How could I not? You are everything I ever wanted."

Him? The rough around the edges, previously resentful Connor Gilroy? His heart thumped wildly in his chest, filled with love for his wife. Catching her before she turned away, he planted his lips full on hers, not at all caring that Caederyn was in his arms as he briefly ravished her lips. Pulling back, Connor grinned when Evie appeared red-cheeked and breathless.

"And I love ye, my bacail. For ye are everything I'll ever want."

----

And that's the end of "The Passion in London"! I do hope you enjoyed my journey with Connor and Evie. I don't usually do alot of Author's Notes because I believe in the adventure in a romance novel being uninhibited by talk, but do you guys like hearing me blabber? xD 

Anyway! I'll be continuing this, because I've grown very attached to Fabian and Hammond actually. I mean, Fabian's such a nice guy! And Hammond's just an epitome of a Highland Laird of every girl's dreams actually. Or mine, anyway. 

I do hope you guys will forgive any typos or errors, cause I don't proofread my things actually. But I will be continuing with Fabian's story next, titled "The Secret in East End". Do stay tuned!