Authors Note 2

The second book is out! 'The Secret in East End' speaks of Fabian's story, Evie's would-have-been fiance had she not have Connor, before we move on to Hammond's story after I finish up Fabian's.  Do take a look! :)

---

Ellie had been undercover for most of her life. She had been a pickpocket for as far as she can remember, under the guise of Elliot. Any memory before the age of ten was blank in her head, with no recollection of how she had ended up under the charge of a gang of street rats as a child. Her life was meant to be mundane, as long as she remained under her secret identity. Until she tried to steal from the wrong pockets that is.

 --- 

 Fabian Rothesay, the new Duke of Avondale, had spent the last 2 years rebuilding the coffers of his father, in order to ensure that the Avondale estate was not about to crumble around their feet. Taking over his father's spot as the Duke had not been an easy task, but in his doing so for the past 2 years, he has raised as one of the most eligible bachelors of the ton. What the ton doesn't know is that Fabian is biting to return to his previous life. What people believed to be a holiday around the continent, was actually Fabian's cover as he worked as an Agent of the Crown. His new status as a Duke however, did not make him want to step down as an Agent just yet, especially with a recent case that specifically embroils a series of planned heists within the ton. 

 --- 

 As the two are thrown together in a series of circumstances that was mostly chance, sometimes fate, and with a dash of secrecy, how would the turmoil change their lives?