Best Intentions, Worst Outcome

Harmony

The next morning dawns bright and sunny, for most people. For myself, not so much. There's big, gloomy, gray rain cloud hanging over my head but I refuse to let Trevor see how badly his rejection hurts, so my plan is to put on all the armor I can, both physically and emotionally.

Inhaling a few deep breaths, I make sure to lock up my pain, then jumo out of bed to take a long relaxing shower, washing away the events of the day before. When I'm done, I brush my teeth, blow dry my hair, and go to choose an outfit. I settle on a cute denim skirt that ends about two inches above my knees, I want to look sexy not skanky, and top it with a cute, green, tank that brings out my eyes and hugs my body, and throw on a loose, white, see-through top over it that has a habit of falling off my shoulders but I figure the more skin that plays peek-a-boo the better. I finish the outfit off with a pair beige wedge sandals. Heading back to the bathroom, I put my hair into a messy bun with a few strands coming loose around my face, gloss my lips, and enhance my lashes with mascara. I take a look in the mirror for a final inspection and like what I see. I look hot! From my shoulders up I have that just got out of bed look, the one guys seem to love, with my glossed lips, sleepy eyes due to crying, and messy bun. From the chest down screams sexy but classy.

Trevor is going to regret rejecting me.

With that thought in mind, I skip down to the kitchen to meet up with the guys. As I enter, I'm greeted with wolf whistles and a, “D-A-M-N girl!” from Nate. My armor is going to be very effective today if their reactions are anything to go by.

“Morning guys!” I say cheerfully as I get a bowl down from the cabinet. I fill it with some cinnamon toast crunch, add milk and sit down on a stool at the center island. After crossing my right leg over my left, I start to eat but notice it's unusually silent which isn't the norm for these boys. Tearing myself away from my breakfast, I glance around and see they were all staring at me with wide eyed expressions and I knew they were having some naughty thoughts right now. All except for Jared who has a scowl on his face.

Knowing how protective my cousin is, I cut him off before he could say anything, “I’m not changing Jared!” I tell him defiantly. A movement to my left catches my eye and I notice Nate staring at my legs. Glancing around to Jace and Brad, I see that they are equally entranced by me as well. I have to hide a giggle. Boys are just too predictable! 

Jared must notice the guys wandering eyes because through clenched teeth he says, “YES. YOU. ARE.”

“What is so wrong with what I’m wearing?” I ask exasperated.

“Your skirt is too short, your shirt too tight, and you look like you just got out of bed after a sex-a-thon. GO CHANGE!” he orders.

My humor in the moment evaporates, “For your information, my skirt is long enough to hide the goods, only my undershirt is tight which is why I have the white one over it, and we both know I wasn’t having a sex-a-thon because I was crying my eyes out all night long!”

My last point softens the scowl on his face.

“I need to show Trevor I’m fine, I can’t let him see what he’s done to me. I refuse to be broken, can’t you understand that?” I plead with him.

I can see him caving. He takes one last look around and it seems the guys are all trying to shake themselves out of their lustful thoughts and put on impassive expressions as if my appearance isn't affecting them, even though it is. I look away quickly as I notice Nate attempt to adjust himself behind the island. I hope Jared didn't see that. “Fine, but if anyone tries to touch you or say anything sexual to you today, you’re explaining to my dad why I shifted in public to tear them apart.”