CHAPTER 5

The next morning came I was excited for no apparent reason!! I guess it's because just had good flashbacks of what happened with me, Lily and Jonas. I was happier than I've been in years until I got a call... it was Lily's parents and they didn't have good news. Lily was in the hospital!! She was hit by a car on her skateboard! I ran to my bathroom and sat in the corner. I cried and cried not knowing what to do. I worried that something even worse would happen... and I might not see her...again. I got on my skateboard and headed to the hospital as fast as I could. When I got there I ran inside to ask for her room number. They told me her and her family were in room 230 on the second floor. I took the elevator to the second floor and ran down the hallway I saw her parents and her older sister broken down in tears. I then broke down along with them. I ran up to hug them. They hugged me and told me everything was gonna be alright. I was scared to look. I stared at the wall behind them trying to gain the strength I never had to look away. A few minutes after I broke down when I saw her unconscious on the hospital bed in front of my eyes.

"Is she o-okay?!" I said broken down in tears of angry I wasn't angry at anyone except myself. I knew deep down it wasn't anybody's fault but I couldn't help but blame it on myself.

"The doctors said she will be unconscious for a while but she will be okay and back to normal in a few weeks she just has a few broken bones. She broke her arm and right leg."

Although I was still crying I was relieved that she would be okay. I don't know what I would do without my best friend. Up wouldn't be where I was without her. Then I got a text message from a number I did not recognize from my area.

Unknown: Hey omg I heard what happened I'm on my way!

I didn't know who it was but I'm just glad they cared for Lily. As I laid there beside Lily still unconscious I heard a knock at the door. When the door opened it was Jonas holding flowers!

"Jonas?!"

"I heard what happened to Lily and I know how much it would make her day by me giving these to her. s
So I thought I would stop by to check on her after I heard about the accident."

"Thank you for doing this." I said crying as he came up to hug me.

I was so grateful he came Lily will never be my best friend... she's like my sister that I never had but always wanted. I know how much she likes Jonas. And I'm almost positive that he likes her which I'm really happy about because this is her first crush. But little does he know that I really like him too. He changed my world completely when we met. I've always been treated like dirt before he came. I lost all hope and felt like giving up but he guided me towards a different direction. Even though I wish I knew I could never tell him he'd never like me the same anyways. I sat in the chair in the corner of the hospital room. My knees were scrunched up covering my face to hide my tears. Jonas came over to me and held out his hand I reached out and grabbed his hand then he pulled me back to my feet. When I was standing again he wrapped his arms around me and held me tight and wouldn't let go. I didn't want him too anyways. He said don't worry she'll be okay I promise. That made me feel a lot better I looked back up at him. Our eyes met and he said

"I promise."

Those words echoed through my head like a song on repeat. My eyes dried but I was still in his arms he always finds away to make me feel safe and wanted weather something happens or I doubt myself. He grabbed my hand and said

"To cheer you up why don't we go out for smoothies?"

"O-okay!" I replied.

We headed out of the hospital and downtown. There was a small smoothie place down 4th street. After we got our smoothies we sat down at a picnic table at the nearby park. We took the time to get to know each other and... to get my mind of things. I got to know Jonas really well and he's super sweet and he's actually a lot like me. He used to race dirt bikes like I did. And then we got into a playful argument about who had more shoes! Then we went to the basketball court and played basketball it was fun cause we both failed once or twice by totally missing the net. Later on we headed back to the hospital to check in on Lily. When we went back up to the second floor we found Lily in her hospital bed awake and back to normal holding one of the flowers that Jonas gave her. Her frown turned into a smile when we entered the room Jonas gave her a hug then we all talked for hours to her about things that make her happy.