Chapter ten

Chapter 10

"Well now I know." Oh creep.

I looked back to see if that voice belongs to Charles. I hope that's not him.

I sighed in relief. Thank god. "Who are you?" I asked him. And why does he had a voice like Charles?

"Am Luigi." Okay? Was he just impersonating Charles? He doesn't have the voice like Charles now.

I accept his hands, "Stephanie."

He sat down beside me in the bench talking to someone in the phone.

"Yeah. . . Believe it or not. . . Yeah you're the man, man.  . Okay then. . .  Goodluck. . . This one looks strict though." He said looking at me smiling and handing me his phone. "Charles wanna talk to you."

I rolled my eyes as if he can see me, "What?!"

"Sorry. Did I hurt your feelings? I'm really sorry Steph. . . I-I heard all of it. I didn't know you felt that way. . On me."

"Oh shut up. Just act like non of these happen and don't worry. It's just anger and like. No love or whatever. Just act like non of these happened. And I almost forgot, I'm just your girlfriend as that ponytail girl with glasses right?"

"You're really admitting that you like me?"

"No I like your looks." I said as I gave the phone to Mark and leave immediately. I don't wanna have a lovey-dovey talk or whatever. I mean, It's fine but we're not official. So what? Have a lovey-dovey talk in this fake relationship? Nope. Never.

As I get inside my car, somebody called me, "Hey! Wait!"  I turned around and saw Luigi. "I was just thinking if you'd like to um, eat with me?" He said as he touched his neck.

"Eat with you?" I asked and he raised his eyebrows looking confused and nodded. Well, I need to think other things not just Charles. I chuckled," Okay then hop in." Then I sat on the driver's seat and him beside me. "Where do you wanna eat?"

"Anywhere."

I think I know where we'll eat.

***

"These is delicious!" And then he moaned as he took another bite of apple pie. He stopped eating and looked at me, "Aren't you're gonna eat?" I just looked at him then he raised his hand, "Salad please."

"I don't want salad." I said and he wore his 'are you sure' look. "Linda!" I yelled as Linda came over our table.

"Stephanie long time no see! Oh dear you've changed a lot. Why are you wearing some glasses? Oh, sorry darling. I just missed my favorite customer." She said as I chuckled.

"You know what I want Linds." Then her grin gone wide and winked at me. "Got it." She said then left to get my order.

"So you're an old customer here? No salad or water?"

"Obviously." I said like It's the most obvious thing in the world.

"I thought girls eats only salad or water. Why did she said 'why did you wear your glasses'? You don't wear some glasses before?" He asked.

"I-" I've been cut off by a guy puting my order on our table.

"Stephanie this is my son." Linda said with the guy beside him. "Mark. Mark, my favorite customer. Darling I'll be back. Mark be nice to our customer!" Linda said as she left to check the other customers.

"You still need something?" Mark asked nicely. Faker.

"Nah, we're good." I said waving gesturing him to leave us.

"Thought you're strict though."

"First impressions last. Yes, I am. Sometimes." I said taking a bite from my chocolate cake.

"Why do you have only one slice of chocolate cake?" He asked Obviously.

"Don't worry. We're not done of our foodtrip yet. This is still the first one." I said.

"How are you and Charles?"

"We're fine. But how I wished I can't think of him even just for this day."

"Your wish is my command."

***

"Damn you're incredible! That man's face was hilarious when he saw us eating the whole food!" We burst out laughing.

"God, that was sick! He looked like he really wants to puke!"

After  laughing about the man's face on our last foodtrip near the beach, we got out of my car.

"So you guys had fun?" That voice asked turned out to be Charles' voice.

"Yeah. Very." I said.

"Why aren't you answering my calls?" He aske in a demanding tone as I swayed my phone to his face and said "Lowbat."

"'Till next time, Uigi!" I said entering back to my car and drove off.

Wow. I never really did think of him for one day. Thanks to Luigi. It was a very nice foodtrip though. A nice day. No one bothering. No bad thoughts. No Charles. I think I need a Charles free day.