Kuroko- Behind his Mask

Behind my son's mask is many different emotions. He was always a very emotional child and one day he started wearing a mask. I was wondering what could have caused this but I didn't want to pry.

Instead I remember all of the emotions I saw before he put on that mask.

I remember when he had his first milkshake at Maji Burger and the smile that was on his face. It was right after Taiga and I took him to the park so Taiga could play basketball with his old friend Tatsuya.

We went to Maji Burger to get some food and Tetsuya decided to get a milkshake like I did. Although, my son isn't that find of chocolate shakes so I ordered him a vanilla one. He thought it was the best taste in the planet and I just laughed at the smile he wore.

I also remember when he had a tantrum. He was so excited to go play with his friends at the park one day but it stormed and we had to cancel. Tetsuya was still asleep so I let him sleep in and soon I heard footsteps running down the stairs.

Tetsuya was running downstairs trying to put on his shirt and I caught him when he fell off the last one. He was wondering why we didn't leave yet so I told him we had to reschedule. He got upset and started begging to go out anyways to which I said no.

It was then that he threw himself on the ground and started throwing a fit. I sighed and tried to stop him for about five minutes before I finally had enough and sent him to the time out chair in the corner. He sat their pouting until Taiga came home from work.

It's funny when I remember thoughts like these. Such as when he got hurt. He was petting our cat when she decided it would be a good idea to scratch him. Tetsuya held his arm close to him and started crying.

I was trying to make some sandwiches for lunch but then I heard him crying and I had to leave everything out while I took him to the bathroom to wash off his arm and bandage it up. He was still crying so I held him in my arms until he calmed down. That's when I let him help me make lunch. And he didn't go around the cat for a week.

I smiled while I was cleaning the closet in the hallway of our home. I pulled out an old worn out basketball and my smile grew.

It was from when Tetsuya first learned to play basketball. At first he couldn't get the hand of it and he got angry, but that's when we figured out his skill. I was trying to cheer him up and make him calm down when another ball came flying towards me. It was about to hit me but Tetsuya redirected it.

The rest of the afternoon was spent trying to perfect his redirection. And we all wore giant smiles.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard the door open and close.

"I'm home," I heard my son's voice.

"Welcome back. How was school? Did you make the team?"

"Yeah. It was okay." He smiled at me and I ruffled his hair.

"Come on. I'll make you a snack while you start on homework."

He may wear a mask, but I'm still the only person he will show his emotions to easily. And I couldn't be happier.