Kise- When it Rains

I was at the store with my son and I had just bought everything for dinner tonight. Of course, my husband is still a better chef than I am so I'm letting him cook tonight. He didn't have work today but he decided to run over to his friend Alex's house to make sure she was doing okay.

She's been a little crazier than usual lately to tell the truth.

I smiled as I payed for the groceries and took the two bags in my hand while holding Ryouta's with the other. We walked out the doors and stopped when I saw it was raining.

"Shoot. I forgot to bring an umbrella."

"It's okay Mamacchi. I have my poncho. You can just run in and but an umbrella quickly."

"You're coming with me. There is no way I'm leaving you alone in the rain."

So I took him back inside where I quickly purchased an umbrella and we walked back out while he was putting his hood up. I opened the umbrella and looked down at him.

"Ready," I asked. He. Offed and we started our way back home. We had only walked for two minutes before he started laughing and trying to stomp in the puddles. "Ryouta. Please don't splash Mama okay?"

"Okay Mamacchi!" He continued to step in the water putting his rain boots to good use before I just giggled at his behavior and appearance.

Ryouta's poncho had a good with the face of a duck. Whenever we go out in the rain I always say he looks like a duckling. It's so cute. Sometimes if he's too tired to stomp in the puddles, he will often hold onto my sleeve and follow me around just like a small duckling.

"Mamacchi, how much longer do I have before I have to stop playing?"

"We'll be home after this next block so not long Sweetie. Sorry."

"Aww. Okay." He poured but still continued to splash in the puddles. I thought it was too cute and I felt someone bump into me.

"Hey! Watch it!"

"Sorry Miss- oh. Hey Y/n," Taiga said with a grin.

"I see you're just getting back from Alex's place," I said with a grin as we fell into step with each other and watched Ryouta play in the rain.

"Yeah. She wouldn't let me leave. I finally told her I was making dinner just to get her to let go."

"Well that's great because you are making dinner."

"What!?"

"I have to get Ryouta's bath water ready before he catches a cold."

"Fine."

"Good because-"

"Mamacchi!"

I looked up ahead and saw him sitting on the wet pavement with one of his boots off.

"What happened," I asked as I rushed over.

"I stepped in a hole and my boot came off. I fell too. That's why I'm on the ground."

"I can see that Ryouta. Alright. I'll give the bags to Papa and he can carry those while I take you okay?"

"But I don't wanna trouble Mamacchi. I'll let Papacchi carry me."

"Alright."

Taiga picked up Ryouta and we put his boot back on before we all made our way back home. I had just run his bath water when he ran in still in his poncho.

"Time to take that off Ryouta."

"But I'm so cute!"

"I know you are but you have to take a bath before you catch a cold."

"Quack!"

"Ryouta," I laughed out. He smiled real big and continued to quack while I ended up chasing him around the house until he took the poncho off. He let one final sad quack before going to take a bath. I just laughed before going to help with dinner.