Midorima- He Needs Glasses

I was holding my son, Shintaro, while Taiga sat in the chair beside the small table. We were getting Shin's eyes checked out since it seems he was having a hard time seeing his toys and food.

I was nervous while we were waiting for the optometrist to come back in. He came back and smiled.

"He needs glasses. His eye sight isn't as good as it could be."

"Are you sure that's all? He's really okay? What about-"

"Thank you." Taiga said cutting me off. "When will they be ready?"

"Well first you'll have to pick a style but then it should only take about three to four business days. You can go speak to one of the ladies about what style to get him."

"Thank you." Taiga said before we stood up and walked out to the front where the glasses were. The lady helped us pick out some black rimmed glasses and we left.

When we got home I was unbuckling Shin from his car seat while Taiga went to unlock the door and start dinner. I carried him in and we sat their playing with his toys until it was time to eat.

Ever since we noticed Shin was having trouble getting his food to his mouth, Taiga and I took turns helping him. Tonight was Taiga's turn and I just pushed around the food on my plate.

"What's wrong," he asked while he was feeding Shin.

"Nothing."

"Something." He said as he looked at me.

"You sound like my mother."

"Which i will accept right now. What's wrong?"

"Do you think it'll be harder for him with his glasses?"

"You worry way too much."

"What's that supposed to mean Nanodayo!?"

"And you always say that when you're angry with me. I love it." He smiled at me and I blushed while looking away. "It means that he's fine. Be thankful he isn't completely blind. Once he gets his glasses, he will actually be able to see and do certain things on his own."

"But he's just a baby."

"Would you rather we find out now or when he's a teenager. Either way, it's gonna be a bit harder until he gets them."

"I guess so."

"I know so. Don't worry. I'm sure he'll grow to like them after a while too."

"But I don't like mine."

"What?"

"I wear my contacts remember."

"Maybe Shin and you can both start wearing your glasses then. It might make him feel not so left out."

I smiled and looked at Shin who was staring at his plate and I finished eating. A few days later we got a call saying his glasses were in and I didn't wear my contacts down there while Taiga drove. When it came time to put Shin's glasses on, I put my own on.

He saw me and smiled while trying to play with my glasses and I just laughed. He was really cute with them on. It made my dart melt.

Maybe I shouldn't have worried too much after all.