• four •

“Hey there

“Hey there. I’m Jimmy Fallon. Welcome aboard the Gyrosphere, an amazing machine made by science. Your safety is our main concern. Which is why you’re behind our invisible system, which protects you from things like Dilophosaurus venom. One drop of this can paralyze you, so watch out. Is this real? It is?” Jimmy falls to the ground.

“Nice job, smartass,” Reagan mumbles, earning a small laugh from Zach. She smiles as she feels him squeeze her waist. “There is a child here.”

Zach leans in close to her ear. “He doesn’t seem to mind.” She can hear the small smirk in his voice. She glances over to see Gray focused on the screen.

“. . .added protection each vehicle is surrounded by aluminum oxynitirde glass. So tough, it can stop a 50-caliber bullet.”

Reagan turns to look at some of the dinosaurs, only to see that there we none out. Her eyebrows furrow in confusion at the lack of dinos.

“Where are they?” Gray groans.

She looks at the younger Mitchell. “My question exactly.”

Suddenly, the screen flashes bold, red letters. RIDE CLOSED. “Due to technical difficulties all our exhibits are now closed. Please disembark all rides and return to the resort.”

Regan shakes her head, wondering what kind of bullshit circumstances have been put into effect. Gray sighs sadly, obviously disappointed.

“Come on,” Zach says to his brother, “we can stay out for a couple more minutes.”

“But they said it was closed.” Gray protests.

She nods. “Gray’s right. We should be smart and go back. If the ride’s closed something bad might have happened. We need to stay safe, follow the rules.”

Zach snickers. “Rules. Aunt Claire gave us special wristbands, right? We’re VIP, dude. Come on. It’ll be fun.”

Regan sighs. “This is such a bad idea. If we die, I hope no one goes to your funeral, Zach.”