• eight •

It seems like the teens had been walking for hours, when really it had only been a good fifteen minutes

It seems like the teens had been walking for hours, when really it had only been a good fifteen minutes. They were walking to nowhere specific. They had just survived an Indominus attack, and Reagan couldn’t feel more greatful towards herself for pushing her running limit.

“You know where you’re going, right?” Gray asks, turning towards the older girl. “Like, you know your way back from here, don’t you?”

Reagan shrugs, keeping her eyes forward. “Depends. Do you want me to lie or tell the truth?”

“I could go for a good lie right about now.” the younger Mitchell replies quietly, making his older brother chuckle.

She nods. “Okay. I know exactly how to get back to the resort.”

“Really?” His voice had evident hope; it made Reagan feel bad for lying to him.

“No.” She looks down at him to see his eyes release the small amount of hope they were holding.

“Then why’d you say you did?”

She turns away, unable to look at him. “You wanted me to lie.”

“Oh yeah.” Gray laughs a little as Reagan smiles.

The honey-haired girl pats his back. “Don’t worry. I can call my dad, erm, Owen Grady.” She reaches into her back pocket and pulls out her phone, only to discover that she can’t use it.

She groans and throws her phone away in frustration. “Fucking hell!”

“Hey, what’s up?” Zach questions worriedly. He rests a hand on the small of her back in attempt to calm her down. “Why did you throw your phone away like that?”

She sighs at the relieving sensation that runs through her body from Zach‘s touch. “My phone has water in it. Owen got me two just in case; I’m pretty sure I lost the other one back when we were at the gyrosphere. I can’t call anyone for help.”

• • •

Claire Dearing and Owen Grady finally make it to the dismantled gyrosphere where the teens were just minutes before

Claire Dearing and Owen Grady finally make it to the dismantled gyrosphere where the teens were just minutes before. Owen walks towards the broken machine and takes out one of the Indominus’ claws that was lodged into it. He inspects it before he hears Claire’s whimpering.

He looks over to see her on her knees (Not like that. I see you dirty-minded people xD) with two broken phones in her hands. One was an android, and the other was an iPhone 5s with a Starbucks case. He realizes it’s Reagan’s phone. He seems to stumble back a bit as if trying to accept the fact that Reagan is dead. His eyes wander over the ground. They land on specific spot, and he sighs with relief.

“Hey,” he says, catching Claire’s attention. He points to the footprints that are imprinted in the mud. “They made it out.”

Both Owen and Claire adore the relieved feeling that overwhelms them from knowing that the kids were alive. Now, they just had to find them.