The undoing of Ryder Burke

T H E  U N D O I N G  O F  R Y D E R  B U R K E

Ryder Burke is a slut. It's a known fact in Madison High that Ryder is down for pretty much everything- the stories written on the bathroom stalls are law, after all. Her infamy doesn't stop her from holding a place at the top of Madison High's food chain, though, until something happens at Georgia Brenner's annual New Year's Eve party.

All anyone knows is that Ryder was seen being led into a room by Ryan Morgan, Georgia's on again off again, and Mason Brenner, Georgia's twin brother, and that, two hours later, Ryder Burke was at the hospital.But who will believe the school slut when she cries rape? Weston Stark is the new kid in school. The son of a lawyer, he knows that Ryder should be able to tell her side of the story, no matter what the rumors about her imply. The problem is that no one else is willing to listen.

This book is a work of art. clarifications is a genius for composing a beautiful yet tragic book. 

It brought so much awareness towards rape victims and their cases in the right of law. Every chapter I read had me anticipating for the next, this continued until I was sobbing in the corner of my room from the beautiful trauma this book had put me through.  

The ending broke my heart and opened my eyes to the real problem that affects the whole of society. Reading this book opened so much towards myself and I presume others in the events of a rape trial, and how little justice gets served to the victims. 

For me, It brought awareness to the Brock Turner case I knew so little about. Turner pleads a nonguilty verdict for rape. It made me disgusted in the human race. He was dismissed, all because he had an upcoming future in sports. It's fascinating really, that the whole of society is controlled by sports.

The undoing of Ryder Burke didn't feel as if it was rushed in any way. The characters were portrayed brilliantly. This book will give you an undeniable expression of heartbreak and the violation of the wrong. I felt as if I was taken with Ryder on the journey and myself broke with every piece of her. 

"Boys will be boys, and girls are sluts." 

edited 

July Sixth twenty sixteen