1

Scott and I really never got along... Ever. We couldn't even be alone in the same room together for more than thirty seconds. Even back in preschool when we met we would push down each other's block towers and throw food at eachother. Really not the best combination.

"Malia you'll be sitting by Scott." The teacher nodded to the seat. I groaned, as did Scott. Great, now I sat by my least favorite person in my least favorite class. Stupid math.

I reluctantly sat down, glaring at Scott. Scott wasn't very happy about the arrangement either, I could tell. He put his head down onto his desk. I looked over to Lydia rolling my eyes. She shrugged back at me. After another few painful minutes of people getting placed with their table partners, the teacher spoke up.

"Alright, let's do some icebreakers. Chat to your table partner for a few minutes while I get everything situated." He announced. Scott and I looked over to eachother and groaned.

"Alright," I started. "We know way too much about eachother already. Do we really have to do this?" I asked him. He brought his eyes to mine.

"Malia, why do you have to make such a big deal out of everything? We just have to talk for like five minutes." He said annoyed.

"I don't make a big deal out of everything, I'm just saying that neither of us want to do this and we already know eachother. Why should we do it?" I shrugged. I could tell that this was going to be a long semester.

"Because the teacher said to." He grunted. Fine, we'll do it his way. I held out my hand.

"Hi, I'm Malia Tate. It's been a pleasure to meet you." I put on my best fake smile. Scott raised an eyebrow at me. I wiggled my hand to signal that he should shake it. He rolled his eyes.

"Hi, I'm Scott McCall. The pleasures all mine." He smirked shaking my hand. Finally, this goody-two-shoes is having some fun. He dropped my hand and then laid his head back into his desk. Or not.

The rest of the time that Scott and I were supposed to be doing icebreakers, Scott was sleeping and I was tapping the desk with my pencil. It seemed that the only thing Scott and I had in common was our dislike for one another.

When the teacher finally began the customary beginning of the year lecture I began to zone out for the rest of the hour. It was the last hour of the day so at least this was the last speech I have to hear.

When the bell finally rang I nearly jumped out of my seat to go make plans with Lydia for tonight. "Lydia what's the plan for tonight? Any parties?" I asked hopeful. Before Lydia could even answer, Stiles came up from behind her.

"Hey guys, want to come to my party tonight to kick off the start of the year? The whole school will be there." He tried to persuade us. I kept seeing him eye Lydia as he spoke, hoping she'd be intrigued by his offer. Almost everyone in the senior class had known that Stiles had a huge thing for Lydia for years. Well, everyone but Lydia.

"We'll be there, thanks Stiles." She smiled at him quickly and then began to pack up her stuff to leave. He grinned.

"Oh-- great! I'll, um, see you there." He gave us the thumbs up and made his way over to Scott. I turned back to Lydia.

"Can you drive me there?" I asked her. I was a senior and I still didn't have my license, so pathetic. I failed the test every time. Maybe I just wasn't meant to drive.

"Sure. Seven sound okay?" Lydia asked me. I nodded back to her. This was going to be a great party.

"Alright. See you then, Lyds." I waved to her and made my way to my locker, opening it in record time. You see, Scott and I were more than enemies. We were neighbors.

Scott and I had a competition to see who could get home the fastest each day without ever saying it to eachother. Petty, I know. But we had been doing this for years so why stop now. This year I was going to win.

I basically sprinted home, only to find Scott already sitting on my porch. Out of breath, I tried yelling at him as I put my hands on my thighs to support myself. "How the hell did you get home faster than me?" I managed to say in between breaths. He smirked at me and shrugged. He slowly got up and patted the nonexistent dust off of his legs.

"Looks like I win." He snorted.

"Only today! Tomorrow is my time." I yelled after him as he walked over to his own yard. Scott Fucking McCall. Anger bubbling out of me I walked into my house, slamming the door behind me. I took deep breaths to calm myself down. I had a party to get ready for.

AN: I'm excited to write this story ;)) I'm such scalia trash, I'm going to try and make it a slow burn.