9

I looked around Scotts room as I waited for him to get out of the shower. He had let me go first, so now I was just stuck waiting here until he got out. Scotts clothes were very baggy on me, but it was still nice of him to let me borrow them.

I looked around his bookshelf to see if I could find a book that I could read as I waited. I pulled out one, flipping through the pages. This wasn't even a book, it was a binder full of CDs that were wrapped in tissue paper.Typical Scott. I groaned, about to put it back.

I could hear the bathroom door open behind me. "Hey, Scoot." I turned around looking at him. I sucked in a breath. "You... Are only wearing a towel." I tried to look away, but I'm not gonna lie, he looked fine.

"Chill. Nothing you haven't seen before." He laughed, opening up one of his drawers. "I'm just grabbing my clothes."

"I'm chill." I shrugged.

He turned around to look at me, examining my face." You look like someone just got shot in front of you." He snorted, turning back to his dresser.

"Well, I mean you're basically naked, so I feel like I have a bit of a reason to be shocked." I joked.

"We used to take baths together as kids. You've seen me actually naked before. This is nothing new." He tried to point out.

I tried not to stare at him. "We were babies, how am I supposed to remember-- Nevermind. Whatever." I gave up. I shouldn't have said anything.

"Alright, I'm going to get changed, be back in a sec."

I plopped down on his bed, waiting for him to come back. Finally after what felt like 80 years he returned. "Scott! You're back." I grinned.

"Yep, I was gone for like two minutes." He laughed.

"Oh," I answered. "So what do you want to do?" I asked. Scott shrugged back at me.

"We could--" Scott was cut off by his phone buzzing. He groaned and jumped onto his bed, next to me, reaching for his phone. When he finally managed to see who texted him he grinned.

"Cora?" I groaned on the inside.

"Yeah." He answered, still staring at his phone.

"What did she say?" I asked, trying not to sound jealous.

"She just said hey." He looked up from his phone to me. "Why?"

"No reason. Just curious." I smiled at him. "So...Cora seems nice, right?" I attempted small talk.

He smirked at me. "I guess. I don't really know how I feel about her yet." It felt like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. Yep, totally had a thing for Scott.

"So..." I struggled to make conversation. "Uh... Spin the bottle was fun." Not really. Scott snorted.

"Kissing Theo? I would imagine that would be pretty fun." He laughed. I cringed, remembering kissing Theo.

"Oh, yeah. Nevermind that wasn't fun." I laughed. His mouth fell open.

"No way. Theo is a bad kisser? I knew he had a flaw." He grinned. I punched him in the shoulder.