11

It was dark. It was really dark actually. Why did I wake up? It's not morning yet. Click! Clack! What was that noise? Whatever, it was probably nothing. I decided to just ignore it and go back to sleep. I sighed, closing my eyes and sinking back into my pillow.

CRASH! I sucked in a breath and sat up quickly. What the fuck was that? I looked around my room, trying to find the source of the noise. Finally I found it, I spotted a bunch of broken glass by the window along with a medium sized rock. I decided to put on my slippers (I didn't want to cut my feet) and investigate. I slowly made my way to the window, scared another rock might come through at any moment.

"Oh my god." When I got to the window I realized that this wasn't an intruder, but Scott McCall, in my yard. "Scott! What the hell are you doing?" I yelled at him.

"Um, I didn't mean to break your window. I ran out of small rocks." He smiled nervously. "Oh, right." He turned around and started fidgeting with something that I couldn't see. After a few moments, I heard music.

"Scott...?" I asked. Please don't tell me he's doing what I think he's doing. He turned around, a boom box in his hands. "Oh, Jesus." I sighed. He was doing what I thought he was doing.

"Malia! I'm sorry!" He began shouting up at me. Oh my god. I quickly stepped back from my window and starter making my way to him. Someone would probably call the cops on him for being so loud. I erupted through my door, heading for Scott.

"Scott!" I whisper yelled, when I got close to him. "Someone is going to call the cops on you, turn that music down." He stared at me for a few moments and then sighed, turning it down a few notches. "I get that you're feeling guilty about earlier, but you shouldn't be because it didn't affect me at all." I lied.

He rolled his eyes at me. "Malia you were literally crying." He replied. I faked laughter.

"Um, no I wasn't." I smiled. "Why would you think that?" I crossed my arms.

"Stiles called to yell at me for being a jerk to you." He answered. My eyes widened.

"What? How did Stiles know about any of this?" I asked.

"Lydia told him." He answered. I silently scolded Lydia in my head.

"Okay, well..." I began. "Why didn't you just apologize tomorrow, and not at 3 a.m. with a boom box... and rocks?" I snorted. He looked down at his boom box.

"I thought it would be romantic..." He mumbled. Wait what?

"Why would you want it to be romantic?" I snorted. He groaned.

"Well, you didn't let me get to that part before you started criticizing my boom box." He answered.

"Sorry, just tell me what you wanted to do, it's three a.m. and I'm tired." I said.

"Alright, well..." He started. He began pulling his shirt away from his body. "Wow, why is it so hot right now?" He laughed.

"I mean, I'm cold, but okay, whatever. Continue." I replied. He stop fanning himself and took a deep breath.

"Okay, well, I may have lied earlier. It wasn't a mistake." He ran a hand through his hair.

"What wasn't?" I asked, making sure I knew what he was talking about.

"When we kissed." He cleared it up. Oh my god. "Actually, it was one of the best moments of my life."

"Oh. Okay. Well... What what are you trying to say?" Did he really just say that?

"Uh... Nothing. I'm gonna go." He laughed and turned around, about to walk back to his house. I grabbed his arm to stop him from leaving.

"Scott! You can't just leave me hanging. What are you trying to say?" I asked. He sighed, turning back around.

"Okay, so, I have had a thing for you for... a bit." He began. Oh my god. "And by that I mean I've been desperately in love with you since the first grade." I froze.

"Oh, my god. Okay, I thought you used to hate me. This is... A new perspective." I thought aloud.

"I only pretended to hate you because I knew how much you hated me." He cleared his throat. "Wow, I just made things really weird. Well.... I'm gonna go home."

"What? No, Scott. You didn't make things weird. But if you... had a thing for me, why did you say you regretted kissing me earlier?" I asked, trying to wrap my head around this.

"Oh. I said that because I thought you kissed me because you didn't want to make me feel bad about when I tried to kiss you. But then when Stiles called me I realized that I made a huge mistake." He explained.

"Well, I didn't kiss you because I didn't want to make you feel bad. I kissed you because I wanted to kiss you." I smiled. He looked back to me.

"Wait, really?" His eyes widened.

"Yes." I snorted. "But really, a boom box? So cliché." I laughed. "And you broke my window." I grinned looking at the shattered glass.

"I wanted to be romantic." He laughed.

"Well, Scoot. You suck at being romantic." I joked. "But I still like you."

"You have no idea how long I've been wanting to hear that, Malia Tate." He sighed. "You're like the Carly to my Freddie Benson."

"Oh god, an iCarly reference. You really get me." I laughed. "Though, I'm more like the Sam to your Freddie because I hated you for most of my life."

Scott furrowed his eyebrows. "I take back everything I just said. Freddie and Sam are my NOTP." He waved at me and began to walk away.

"Scott." I laughed. "Really? Come bac--" I stopped mid-sentence. I was caught off guard because he wrapped me in a hug.

"Just kidding." He snorted. He pulled away.

"Though standing outside at 3 a.m. is fun, can I go back to sleep now?" I asked. He smiled.

"Yes." He looked like he was about to do something but he didn't. "Okay, goodnight."

Before Scott could turn around I quickly grabbed his face and slammed my lips into his. I was feeling weirdly confident for some reason. I was the first one to break away. "Uh, okay. Bye." I grinned, spinning around and jogging back to my house. As soon I closed the door behind me I ran a hand through my hair. I can't believe that that just happened.

AN: wow I updated and it hasn't even been like 800 years since the last time