Chapter 20

SkyClan-
Allegiances:

Leader: Fernstar- a brown tabby she cat with a white underbelly and paws. She has bright green eyes.

Deputy: Grayfrost- a huge gray tabby tom with long thick fur and electric blue eyes.

Medicine Cat:
Swampfur- a brown and ginger tortoiseshell tom with dark green eyes.
Apprentice:
Horsepaw- brown tabby tom with yellow eyes. 8 moons.

Warriors:
Yellowbird- a golden tabby furred she cat with white paws and dark eyes.

Ryepelt- a golden furred tom with longer fur and pointy ears. He has warm brown eyes.

Firfoot- a tortoiseshell she cat with brown paws and yellow eyes.

Shrikeclaw- a gray tabby tom with gold eyes.

Windwhisker- a gray furred tom with black stripes lashing out from his nose. He has yellow eyes.

Apprentices:
Honeypaw- a black furred she cat with golden eyes, a pink nose, and a taste for honey. Mentor is Yellowbird. 12 moons.

Sandpaw- tan furred she cat with brown eyes. Mentor is Windwhisker. 8 moons.

Queens:
Sorrelfoot- a plain gray she cat with emerald green eyes. Kits: Larkkit (she cat), and Sparrowkit (Tom)

Shinyflower- silver furred she cat with a single white patch that is shaped like a blossom. Her eyes are pale green. Kits: Turtlekit (she cat), Swallowkit (she cat), and Blackkit (tom)

Kits:
Larkkit- gray long furred tabby she cat with pale green eyes. 6 moons.

Sparrowkit- gray tabby tom with dark blue eyes. 6 moons.

Thunderkit- gray tabby tom with yellow eyes. 5.5 moons.

Turtlekit- a silver furred she cat with white patches along her back and on her paws. She has pale green eyes. 4.5 moons.

Swallowkit- a gray furred she cat with blue eyes. 4.5 moons.

Blackkit- a dark furred tom with pale green eyes. 4.5 moons.

Elders:
Sunnystripe- a golden tabby tom who lost his sight and had to retire prematurely.

Silverclaw- old silver tom with a thick ragged pelt.

---

Early in the morning, dawn slowly crept upon the ravine. The sun's rays slowly shed light on the camp made from stone. Turtlekit and Swallowkit played ferociously amongst the lower rocks of the ravine. Nearby, their brother, Blackkit rolled in the sand and dust of the ravine. Up the path, far from the kits, others prepared for the important day ahead.

Within the nursery, Sorrelfoot was wide awake. Her eyes inspected her daughter and every little hair on her gray tabby pelt. Even though Sorrelfoot was meticulous at times, a single look over was all she needed. Savoring a mother's satisfaction and pride, Sorrelfoot's eyes lingered longer.

"Fernstar always makes an oath, as you know. How do you reply?" Sorrelfoot asked with a small grin.

"I reply, I do."

"With an appropriate volume and tone," Sorrelfoot added on. "If you sound like a kit, your mentor will treat you like one."

Taking a brief sigh, Larkkit's eyes met her mother's. Hopeful and filled with excitement she calmly asked, "Is Fernstar my mentor?"