CHAPTER NINE: Every Land Has Its Own Hero

Hanako felt a wave of heat crash against her face when she entered Tazuna's home. It was cold outside, but it immediately wore off when she felt the high temperature inside the house. The first thing she received was Naruto running up to her and wrapping his arms around her. Hanako's eyes widened and she let out a small chuckle. Sakura walked inside after Tazuna and sat at the table, right next to Sasuke. The Uchiha boy looked up at the newcomer and smirked.

Hanako's eyes then moved towards the Jonin leader of the team. Kakashi was looking at her with his eye wide in surprise. Although, she could tell he was also glad to see her. He was using crutches, meaning he couldn't even walk on his own. Hanako let go of Naruto and laughed softly upon seeing the silver haired man.

"How many times do I have to tell you Kakashi," she started saying, "that no matter how much you try, you will never be as cool as I am when it comes to the Sharingan?" she finished with an innocent smile.

Kakashi scoffed, although there was a trace of a smile under his mask. Hanako shook her head and looked at Tsunami who had been staring at her in awe.

"So, you are?" Tsunami asked.

"Uchiha Hanako," Tazuna replied before the brunette could even open her mouth. "She's here to help Kakashi and his team with their mission."

"Oh, really?" Tsunami asked as she looked at the female Uchiha. Hanako nodded with a smile. "Come on in, then! We're about to have dinner."

* * *

Their meal consisted of curry and rice. After they had all eaten, Tsunami invited the Shinobi to rest in the leaving room while she finished doing the dishes.

"So, Hanako" Kakashi started to say. "What are you doing here, exactly?"

Hanako looked at him and shrugged. "I had a mission."

"About?"

"I don't owe you any explanations," she replied curtly.

Before Kakashi could say anything else, Sakura interrupted him. "Hanako-san, you said there was another Ninja Swordsman in the island. Who is he?"

Hanako pressed her lips and looked at Sakura with hard eyes. She wasn't very smart as she seemed to be. How could she ask that in front of Kakashi? "No one important," she replied without looking away from the girl.

"There's another swordsman?" Kakashi glared at Hanako. "How do you know that? And why didn't you tell me as soon as you got here?"

"Relax, Hatake." Hanako smirked at him. She found it funny whenever Kakashi lost it. "You couldn't have done anything anyways," she said as she looked up and down at him, carefully eyeing his crutches. "Besides, I think he had much better things to do than to come after a Genin team."

"So, he's not working for Gatou?" Sakura asked again. Hanako let out a large breath, one day she would sue her mouth shut.

"No, he was probably here for Zabuza." Hanako glared so hard at Sakura that she gulped and looked around desperately for a way to change the subject. Her eyes suddenly landed on a photograph hanging up in the wall.

"Is there a reason for this photo to be teared up?" She pointed at the picture of Tsunami, Tazuna and Inari. The right-up corner of the photo was teared apart, obviously not accidentally. The living room became tense at that instant as everyone fell silent. Hanako sighed again, leaning against the back of the couch where she was currently sitting. "Who did you tear off?" Sakura asked again.

Tsunami stopped for a moment what she was doing. "My husband," she answered without even looking at her. Hanako narrowed her eyes, that seemed to be a hard subject to bring up.