CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE: An Eye for an Eye

Sasuke couldn't believe what he was seeing in front of his eyes. His breath hitched irregularly as he observed the scene developing in front of him. Anger flooded through him, heating up the blood in his veins as his eyes shone in the accustomed red color of the Sharingan.

"Itachi...Uchiha..." he hissed lowly in a threatening voice.

"It's been a while, Sasuke," Itachi said calmly as he turned around to see his little brother. Naruto, who was half inside his room and half outside, looked in between the siblings with utter curiosity. The two looked pretty much alike, except of course for the obvious age gap. Itachi was six years older than Sasuke, which could be guessed easily by the almost twenty centimeters he stood over his brother.

"Itachi..." Sasuke muttered again, finally processing what was going on. "I've been waiting for this moment..." The younger Uchiha extended his arm in front of him as chakra, in the form of lightening, gathered around his clutched hand. His veins suddenly became noticeable along his forearm, all the way to his neck. Sasuke grinned victoriously, already tasting Itachi's defeat on his behalf.

Itachi frowned, having recognized the technique Sasuke was using. 'Chidori?' he thought.

"Finally, I'll take revenge for what you did all those years ago," Sasuke crashed the Chidori against the wall next to him, cracking the concrete. "DIE!" He sprinted towards his brother as fast as he could. For Naruto, Sasuke's movements were almost unpredictable and he gaped at him in amazement. For Itachi, however, Sasuke moved in a slow and easy pattern. His Sharingan followed every single inch of movement he produced. Sasuke collapsed his right knee as he extended his left while leaning forward for impulse. Then he collapsed his left knee while stretching his right leg, pushing himself forwards.

By the moment Sasuke reached his side, he had his right arm extended, aiming for his heart. His left arm was thrown backwards. Sasuke had jumped with his left leg, so his left side was completely open to any attack. Itachi smirked slightly at how easy it would be for him to simply knock the air out of Sasuke with a kick aimed to his ribs, but decided to hold his right arm instead and push it away from him to the wall behind him.

Sasuke's jutsu destroyed the wall, and opened a hole in the concrete. There was an explosion nearby at the same time Sasuke struck. Making it seem like Sasuke's justu was more powerful than it really is, but Itachi knew that something had happened. When he looked back at his little brother, he dismissed the thought and focused on the current task. Kisame was almost surprised at the force of impact it had, but suppressed the feeling with an amused grin. The lightning around Sasuke's hand faded slowly as the boy looked up at his brother with hatred. Itachi looked back at him with calmness, knowing that this was probably the top of Sasuke's current abilities.

Naruto didn't realize he was holding his breath until he seemed to process that Sasuke was in trouble. He walked out of the room and made a seal with his hands, gathering red chakra around him. "Hang on, Sasuke!"

Kisame looked over his shoulder at the blond boy and frowned when he observed the red chakra encircling him. 'That's certainly the chakra of the Kyuubi inside him. Can he control it?' Kisame dismissed his thoughts as he took hold of his Samehada sword. 'Well, I don't want to stick around long enough to find out.' Kisame brought his arm down, cutting Naruto's chakra. It disappeared, and the sword twitched for moments until it growled satisfied.

Naruto opened his eyes once he noticed something was wrong. The chakra he was molding was suddenly gone. "Naruto, stay back!" Sasuke screamed.

Itachi looked away from the blond and back to his brother. "You shut up." Itachi grasped tightly his brother's wrist and twisted it in a weird angle until it cracked. Sasuke screamed in agonizing pain before he fell to the ground, bringing his hurt arm to his chest. Itachi had broken his wrist.