CHAPTER THIRTY: When It's Over

Hanako stood in front of the Naka Shrine. Zetsu's talk had only made her even more curious. She had mentioned something about his mother's chakra; that mere statement only managed to intrigue her. Zetsu had a mother, who's chakra seemed to be omnipotent. It had healed her eyes. The question in her mind was: who was Zetsu's mother and why did her chakra heal her?

For some strange reason, Hanako knew she could find the answer in the Shrine, and more. When she thought about Amane or even herself, she would always come back to that place. It was like if it called to her, wanted to tell her something.

Hanako took a deep breath and walked inside. She followed the familiar path, walking down the stairs into the meeting room. Her eyes immediately set on the Uchiha Stone and stayed there. The room was dark, but her eyes could see it perfectly. The stone shone in front of her, calling to her.

Hanako walked towards it and placed a hand over it. She felt drawn to it. Hanako thought for a moment that Amane would stop her, but nothing happened. Hanako took a step closer at the same time her eyes morphed into the Mangekyou and colors surrounded her.

Before she knew it, Hanako was in an all-too familiar meadow. She felt strangely at home. She looked down at herself and gasped at her clothes. She wasn't wearing the traditional clan clothes anymore, instead she wore a long dress with long sleeves that covered every inch of skin. She also had an apron over the dress and her hair tied up into a bun. Her bangs covered the right side of her face.

"Where am I?" Hanako muttered to herself. She felt different, like if something was missing. And she realized, her chakra was gone.

"Samara!" Hanako flinched and looked over her shoulder at a maid running her way. "What do you think you're doing?!"

Hanako was taken aback. "I..."

"You were playing again weren't you?!" Hanako didn't have any idea why the maid was chastising her. The maid huffed. "You are a lost cause. Kaguya-sama is waiting for us to bring her the berries. Hurry up, darling." Hanako frowned when the maid gave her a basket.

"Why do I have to do it? I'm not her maid." Hanako didn't know why she said it, it just came to her.

The maid looked at her softly. "I know how you feel, Samara, but have you seen this woman?" she approached her to mutter into her ear. "We don't have a choice."

Hanako gulped and looked around. The maid was suddenly gone and her surrounding changed again. She was falling from a cliff. Hanako could feel the desperation making her heart hammering her chest. She screamed and everything became dark.

When she opened her eyes again, it was raining. Hanako was surrounded by her blood and every ounce of her body hurt but she was healing slowly. She could feel warm energy flowing through her veins. Chakra.

"You're all right now," Hanako recognized Kaguya's sweet gentle voice and looked at her. She was kneeling right beside her. Kaguya was a tall young woman, with long silver hair that reached her toes. Her pearl white eyes looked at her with concern that contrasted with her emotionless rose red lips. Kaguya reached her hand to Hanako and caressed her cheek. Hanako trembled furiously.

"What have you done to me?!" she snapped. Her voice broke in fear, tears gathered up in her eyes. The pain slowly receded and she was able to move again.

"I healed you," Kaguya pulled her hand away. "I gave you my chakra."

"Chakra?" Hanako felt the words just pouring out of her mouth. "Why? Why did you save me?"

She swore Kaguya smiled, but the gesture vanished right away. "How are you feeling?"

"Why do you care?" Hanako sat up, looking at Kaguya with uncertainty.