CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR: The Jashin Symbol

"Questions?" Kakashi raised an eyebrow at the Chuunin standing at his door.

"Yes," Hyori's smile turned into a smirk. "About Uchiha Hanako."

"Isn't she your friend?" Kakashi inquired. He leaned against the door. "Can't you ask her?"

"You see," Hyori chuckled, "She doesn't know we're here, and we would like to keep it that way." She finished that sentence with a serious face. Kakashi looked at the two boys behind her; he knew them very well. They used to be Hanako's teammates as Genin, Mitokado Kazuki and Komatsu Takeshi. The Jounin's eyes wandered back to the girl, Senju Hyori. The only Senju who ever inherited the ability to use the Mokuton of the First Hokage.

"So you have come to ask me?" Kakashi asked again. "What makes you think I know what you want to know?"

"You're the one who has spent the most time with her," Kazuki said. Takeshi rolled his eyes, he was bothered by that fact but he let it go and pretended he didn't care in front of Kakashi.

Kakashi sighed, "Fine, come in." He stepped away from the door, inviting the Chuunin into the house. Hyori looked around. The other boys followed after the Senju.

"You're pretty organized. Not exactly what I expected from you, Kakashi-san." Kakashi raised both his eyebrows. They few things in his apartment were the kitchen table --which was empty at the moment-- a bookshelf holding books about Ninja Training, a few weapons organized neatly in a box and a small couch. His room was separated behind a wall and the door was closed, so the Senju couldn't peek around anymore. So were the bathroom and the kitchen.

"Why is that?"

"Well, you're famed for being late to everything, so I actually thought that was because you didn't know how to handle time and were disorganized." Hyori chuckled. "I guess I was wrong, my apologies."

"That's not a nice thing to say, Hyori." Kazuki sighed. The Senju looked at him and shrugged. Takeshi was standing still in a corner with his arms crossed and his eyes closed. Kakashi had his eyes fixed on the brunet.

"Anyway," the girl spoke, gaining Kakashi's attention. "Hanako's been hiding something. We wanted to know if maybe you had any ideas of what she might be keeping from us."

Kakashi sighed. "You think so too, huh?" he looked at the three Chuunin very closely. "I also think she's hiding something, but I haven't figured out what it is."

Hyori shook her head, "You're in the same situation, I see." The Senju bit her lip.

"What are you doing?" Kakashi wondered as he sat on his couch.

"We are trying to figure what Hanako might be getting into, but it actually begins with what she was doing the five years she was gone," explained Hyori.

"We should actually start from the beginning," Takeshi suddenly spoke. "What made her leave the village in the first place?"

"Kazuki," The Senju turned to the black haired boy. "Before the massacre, you say you saw Hanako too often in the lake close to the Uchiha District."

Kazuki nodded. "Something was bothering her, but I didn't know what it was. Then, she just disappeared. Takeshi and I went on a mission and when we came back she was gone." Kakashi closed his eyes at the same time his mind wandered back into the past.

"When I sleep, I often get these dreams that can be interpreted as some kind of premonitions. Like...a foreseeing ability." Hanako said, still leaning onto her kitchen counter.

"Predicting the future?" Kakashi asked, the Uchiha just nodded. "How do you know it's real?"

"Because I had a dream of the Uchiha Massacre, three years before it happened..."