CHAPTER TWENTY: The Second Stage

Hanako woke up when she heard a sudden tapping on the window. She fluttered her eyes open and sucked in her breath when she noticed there was an arm wrapped around her waist. She moved her eyes to look over her shoulder only to find a bunch of silver hair getting into her eyes. Hanako looked away quickly and remembered what had happened last night. She was still in Kakashi's apartment.

The tapping returned and Hanako's attention turned back to the window. There was a crow knocking on the glass with its black beak. Hanako caught her breath, it wasn't one of Itachi's crows...was it?

Hanako tried to push Kakashi's hand away, but when she tried to unwrap his arm, he held her tighter. The brunette rolled her eyes, "Kakashi, are you awake?" She only got a grunt as a reply. "Hey...there's something on your window," Hanako tried again, but Kakashi didn't falter.

The Uchiha sighed in resignation and sat up, Kakashi's arm pulled her back into bed and Hanako felt the small hairs on her neck rise when she heard Kakashi chuckling. "Where are you going?" he asked. "It's still 4 a.m.," . Hanako looked at him from over her shoulder.

"There's a crow on your window." Kakashi looked over at the glass and raised his eyebrows when he caught a glance of the bird. He sighed.

"Aoba...ka?"

"Who's Aoba?" Hanako asked curiously, she didn't know there was another Shinobi besides Itachi who could summon crows.

"A Jounin, there must be a meeting with the Hokage, though I honestly think I'm going to skip it." Hanako smirked at Kakashi's laziness.

"Why is that?" Hanako looked at him, raising an eyebrow. "Is this really the example of responsibility you want to give your students?"

Kakashi looked at her and brought her closer to him. "I'm actually pretty comfortable here, didn't want to ruin the moment..." he muttered huskily.

"What moment?" Hanako smiled playfully. "You were just sleeping, lazy ass."

"I heard the crow too, you know?" Kakashi defended himself, "Unlike you, I decided to ignore it."

Hanako chuckled. Kakashi was still lying down, looking at her with sleepy eyes. The girl decided to lay on top of him, looking at him with mischievous eyes. "I was comfortable too," she said. She placed both her arms at each side of his face, and rested her forehead on his. "But I wouldn't throw my responsibilities away just for a boy," she finished and tried to get up but Kakashi quickly wrapped his arms around her, holding her in place. "Kakashi--"

"I wouldn't throw my responsibilities away for any girl," Kakashi said. He looked at her in the eyes, "You're not just any girl, Hanako. If it were something important, the Hokage would've sent his messenger falcon, or an ANBU." Hanako was stunned. Kakashi used this opportunity to flip their positions, being him on top this time. "Whatever it is...it can wait for a couple of hours." Kakashi lowered himself at the same time he pulled off his mask. Hanako sucked in her breath when he started kissing her neck, each time lower into her collar bone.

She reached up into his tight shirt; she could feel the muscles in his abdomen flexing from underneath it. Kakashi bit her in her soft spot and Hanako gasped, trying to muffle the noises coming out of her mouth. Hanako pulled away, flipping their positions once again. "I think someone is spending too much time reading those perverted books," she accused.

Kakashi smirked, Hanako felt her insides burn when she stared at his handsome mask-less face. "They're educational." He sat up, balancing his weight over his elbows, and reached to brush Hanako's lips with his. Hanako felt her eyes closing at the touch. Kakashi smiled again against her lips and kissed her gently. She kissed him back, wrapping her arms around his neck. The tapping on the window became more furious but the two Jounin just ignored it, and lay down without pulling away from the kiss.