Chapter 7 The Game

BG and Ellie took the truck to the fields. BG comes around and opens her door then gets his ball bag out of the truck. He takes her hand and leads her to the field they are playing on. He walks her to the bleachers and kisses her on the forehead and tells her to yell loud for him. He hasn't had that for 10 years. She tells him that she will and reaches up and kisses him on the cheek  and tells him good luck. She finds a seat on the bleachers by Amy. Amy elbows her and raises her eyebrow. Ellie tells her not to start that they have worked through the reason she left 10 years ago. Amy started to ask more questions but Amber walks up and sits down 3 rows below them. Amy and Lisa ask each other what does she think she is doing here while Ellie just wants to leave . She doesn't think she can deal with Amber right now. Not in the weakened state she is in right now.

     The game starts and BG comes up to bat and he looks at Ellie and said I better hear you darlin'. At the same time as Ellie says you will, Amber said sure baby. BG jerks his head and looks at Amber and said, " What the hell are you doing here? I told you I was through and you needed to quit showing up places. I guess a restraining order is the only thing you will understand. " Then he looks to Ellie and said I'm sorry !" Ellie looks at him and said "knock it out of here slugger and I will make it worth your while." BG grins at her and said ,"you got it darlin'" BG goes up to the batters box and on the first pitch he sees he hits it over left field fence. Ellie, Amy and Lisa all jump up and start yelling and cheering. The team meets him at home plate ready to give him high5's. Ellie is still standing up cheering and BG said as he walks to the dugout " Now what's my prize? " Ellie tells him that he will find out tonight the game isn't over yet and he hasn't won.
     Amber stands up at that moment and looks at Ellie and said," I didn't know that the town tramp was back. I mean what else do you call someone who walks around naked in the gym in high school? The fact that you show your face after all you did to destroy Brantley and me and he still sent you packing, shows everyone here that you are exactly what I said you were , white trash."
Ellie looked at Amber and said,"Think what you want to but who did he bring with him? I will tell you, me and you want to know why because no matter what you said or done you could never fill the broke part of his heart from when I left. Just like you couldn't stop him from loving me then you can't stop him from loving me now. Face it Amber, he chose me and yeah it may be 10 years later but I can tell you this, I bet there wasn't a day that went by that he didn't think of me. So I may have left 10 years ago but I took his heart with me and I just brought it back last night. So you need to get this straight and know I ain't leaving again Bitch."
Lisa, Shelley, Chrissy and Amy all started whooping and hollering when Ellie got through with Amber. Amber shot them all a dirty look and started walking over to the dugout where BG was. Amber yells at BG and tells him he needs to get his bitch a collar and a leash if he was going to bring her out in public. Kolby jumped up in front of BG and had a hand on his chest. He faced Amber and said "the only bitch we see here is you and I know that BG is done with your ass. So your best bet is to leave now before you regret what you just said. "Amber looks at Kolby and said "I don't regret what I said he does need a collar and a leash for that bitch if he's gonna bring her out in public better yet get a muzzle too. "
BG looked at Amber and said," I'm done with you and you need to hear this loud and clear, leave Ellie alone. I may have listened to your lies 10 years ago but I won't now. I found out what she was trying to tell me about you the hard way. I may make a mistake once but I won't again, not when it comes to you. Now leave before I call the sheriff, I don't want you here or anywhere else I will be. I am done Amber." Amber turned and left.
    BG's team won the game and after they all headed to the local diner to eat. They all placed their orders and talked about the game and what had happened with Amber. When Amy told them what Amber had said it made them mad but then Chrissy jumps in and tells them what Ellie told her about BG was always thinking about Ellie. Everyone laughed but Ellie noticed that BG just dropped his head. She knows that means something and they need to talk alone. Their food came and they all dug in and started eating. As they were eating they were making plans to go out tonight to a local night club they asked BG if he and Ellie wanted to go and he looked at her and she just shrugged her shoulders. BG told them that they didn't know just yet. Kolby told him that he couldn't lock her in his house from now on he had to share. BG just laughed and said you know me and I don't share my woman with anyone. Ellie looked at him and grinned. They all said goodbyes until later that night.