Part 4

A high-pitched crying had Zetsu wide awake in a second. What is that?! He sat up and covered his ears as the voices of other members started rising to complain. The ear-splitting sounds made him cringe. It was a good thing he didn't have the flytrap shell right now, otherwise it would be akin to having a megaphone tied to his head with all this racket. Do you think it could be the child? Good god! It sounds like someone just stabbed her in the head!

The thought made him pause. No...That old geezer wouldn't dare... Zetsu threw on a sweater over his t-shirt and left his room to go check on the girl. On his way he was run into by Hidan, who was cussing at the top of his lungs. "Hey! Watch where you're f**king going, plant freak!"

"Why you little-" He paused as he saw Hidan stomping off toward Konan's room with his scythe in hand. Zetsu grabbed him by the collar to stop him, but Hidan smacked his hand away and continued. "Where the hell do you think you're going?"

Hidan yelled in aggravation. "Where the hell do you think?! I didn't order a f**king wake-up call, so I'm putting an end to the damn alarm!"

Not if we get to her first! Zetsu shoved past the Jashinist. Hidan shouted in anger as Zetsu slammed the door in his face and locked it. Now that he was in the room, he realized just how much was going on.

The toddler was indeed awake and crying her eyes out, Konan trying to comfort her without success, and Sasori was holding Kakuzu back with chakra threads that barely kept him from struggling. "Let me go dammit! I'm sick of that brat's incessant bawling!"

Konan turned to snap at him, then saw Zetsu. "About time you showed up!" she barked. "I don't know what's wrong with her and she won't stop crying long enough to tell me!"

Zetsu stared wide-eyed at how angry she was. Damn, what did we do? We just woke up and she's already bitching at us! Someone must have ticked her off on a number of levels.

"What makes you think the freak can do anything about it?" Hidan broke into the room, covering his ears as soon as he noticed how much louder it was in here. "He's just gonna scare the hell out of her," he shouted over the noise. "Not that stitch-face hasn't done a good job at that already!"

Wasn't that the cold, hard truth. If there was one subject that wasn't exactly Zetsu's forté, it was getting along with children. They always screamed and ran from him though he meant no harm. It was his overall appearance they were afraid of. He knew this countless times over, but hearing it implied again...it really stung.

"I didn't do one damn thing to the brat!" Kakuzu interjected, still trying to pull away from Sasori's chakra threads. The puppet himself had a calm expression as always. "She just woke up and practically started screaming her freaking head off!"

"Hah!" Hidan taunted. "I'd scream too, if I woke up to your ugly face!" The two immortals were now arguing profusely, and there was no sign of either of them letting up.

"SHUT UP, ALL OF YOU!" Konan yelled. Everyone was instantly silent, save for the girl who was only slightly quieter due to her obvious exhaustion. "So far, the only people in this room who haven't pissed me off yet are Sasori and the kid! Either keep your mouths shut or I'll send you on the worst missions I can think of, and I promise They'll. Be. Brutal!"

Heheh. They're in trouble now. Yes, but we are also on her bad side. So? Not as much as they are.

Konan glanced to each of them, obviously waiting for someone to make the slightest move and defy her. She only allowed the toddler to continue her blubbering ruckus. Seeing everyone back in check, Konan coldly barked her orders. "Sasori, get Kakuzu out of here and keep him restrained until I can deal with him later."