Chapter 13 - Lockdown

It's been three days and I am starting to become claustrophobic of this stupid room. The walls stare down at me and I feel like I am going to be crushed. Mik and Reagan have been in their rooms as well for a whole day now. None of us really do anything, we are still on lockdown. Maybe it would be better if we could work or move or get our minds off of Aya and Sophie.

No one has been able to find them. I can't get them out of my head. How long does it take to find two girls? This place isn't that big.

Time passes, how much? That would take too much effort to find out.

Suddenly, I can't stand it. It's like something in me just snaps. I scramble out of bed and run out the door. I don't care if I get caught. I won't stay in there any longer, the wait is slowly killing me.

I burst out the door and run. I have no destination in mind, I just keep going and going. After a while, I can't breathe, all of the air has escaped my lungs. I stop and just walk my eyes unable to focus on anything.

Up ahead I see the big rock near the stream where I got lost that first day. I walk up to it and stare into the ever-moving water.

The current flows never stopping, rocks try to block its path, but the water goes right around it. I wish I could just go around my problems, my heartache. I really liked Aya and Sophie. Not that we were close or anything, but there was always a comforting feeling around them. They were probably the most normal out of everyone. They kind of lived in their own little world. Being next to each other made them happy, they didn't have need of anyone else. Sure we were there, but they never needed us.

Teca, stop. You're starting to sound like a naïve simple minded loser that can't do anything.

Well, I mean I can't really do anything, we are technically on lock down.

You petty dolt. You're pathetic.

What if their...

This is so lame, I am having an argument with myself. Plus, I am thinking of them like they are already dead. They still might be out there, wandering. Hopping someone would find them, scared to death.

Be reasonable, Teca. No one could survive out there for three days. They are probably mangled up and a bloody mess. Their heads bashed in, eyeballs plucked out, skin peeling off of them, intestines carved out of their bodies... Dead where no one will ever find them.

God, I have awful thoughts.

I turn around to head back when I see someone lying on the rock next to me. I steadily walk up to the rock. A guy is laying on the rock. He has nice long legs and a flat abdomen and his shirt is raised slightly showing his stomach. He has a defined chin with a five o'clock shadow. His eyes are closed, but he has long blond eyelashes and blond hair that sways in the wind.

Daniel.

Now, that I really look at him, he pretty good looking. I can see girls falling head over heels for him. The way that his hair sways in the wind with it reflecting the sun would make any girl fall for him. His hair just looks so soft I could touch it. My hand slowly reaches to touch him when his blazing blue eyes snap open and a boyish grip slowly enhances his features.

"Like what you see?" Daniel asks smugly.

Yeah, is what I would like to say and almost do. I open my mouth to say it, but I would rather eat worms than admit to that. So I am left there with my mouth hanging wide open.

"We need to stop meeting like this." Daniel continues as his smile widens. He totally noticed me checking him out.

Daniel moves toward me and slides his fingers under my jaw and closes my mouth. God, this couldn't be any more embarrassing.