Chapter 15 - Interrogation

People who say silence is golden are morons. Nothing is golden about silence when engulfed by darkness. This place is slowly killing me. When I first got shoved in here I yelled at the guards telling them how much of an asshole they were for doing this. I shouted until my voice was hoarse and I figured out that no one would be coming.

This box thing isn't big at all, my head touches the roof of it. That in itself says how short it is because I am only like 5' 4". It's about 2 feet in length, I can't even step forward without running into a wall. Hell, a dog crate would have been better. At least those aren't solid wall, blocking out the world.

Time passes. I tried counting out loud to myself, partially for noise and partially to keep track of how long I have been holed up in here. My plan failed, I lost count at about four thousand and gave up. I don't even know how many seconds are in an hour. Doing math might help me figure it out, but that seems like so much work.

I keep staring at what I assume is the door hoping someone will open it. I can't stand it here. It's just so isolated and creepy. I bang my head softly against the wall over and over again. It's just to keep my occupied, doing something. By the end I have given myself a headache. Maybe I am not the brightest person out there.

With no one here and nothing to do nothing is stopping my thoughts from roaming to unwanted topics.

Meka and Peri are the first things that come to mind. I quickly try to shut out my memories, but they keep flowing and just won't stop. Meka and Peri coming over to hang out, working on school projects together, rating guys on how they look as they walk by, our petty fights that lasted for a day, and our laughter fills my head. My eyes start to water as I remember them. Meeting at the park, them in a panic as I run up to them while they sit by the stream. Both of them turning to look at me with faces a mix of fear and anger.

No, Teca. I shove those memories back deep down inside me and seal the lid. I am not going back there, to that day that ruined me.

What did Detective Tate's notes mean? Were they really true? What did I miss? Something happened that caused the pain in Meka and Peri for them to hate me. Was there a third party behind the scenes? What did Kyle mean when he said I'm sorry? He couldn't possibly have done anything, he was the ideal brother, and he wouldn't shatter my relationship with my friends.

Is there any way to get out of this hell hole? Would Ms. Crimson let me out if I told her my story? No, there isn't a story to tell. I don't even fully know what happened that day, it's still a blur to me. What if Messy can't find anything through his stupid "connections"?

All of these swirl in my head, a never ending line of unanswered questions. I need answers, I crave them. One day, I will find my answers. When I do and someone did screw with my life, they will have hell to pay. I don't care if it's some stranger, or another inmate, or my family (they hate me anyways), or even Daniel.

Daniel, what do I think of him? Do I like him? Sure, he's kind of hot. Okay, really hot. With that blond hair, long eyelashes, and that toned body. But, I don't need a relationship they are just a pain to deal with. Plus he isn't even my type. Do I even have a type? I like blond hair, but I also like brunette. It wouldn't be bad to date a red head either. Maybe a more muscular guy, but if I really like someone it shouldn't matter if they are toned or not. I definitely like beautiful eyes, doesn't really matter the color as long as I like them.

So, if I don't have a type why don't I date too many people? I could pick whoever I wanted. Personality, maybe. I like a guy who's easy to be around and that I can talk to with no awkward silences. They can be an extrovert or introvert, it doesn't really matter. How the hell do girls have specific guys they want? I mean, how can you be so god damn picky? I can't really say that because I haven't dated too many people. Well, I have never had time for a relationship. I had Meka and Peri, I didn't need anyone else.

The PitOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara