Chapter 17

Double update today! Yay! 

*one week later*

The old man looked up when he heard a loud commotion going on outside of his tent. He looked between Merlin and Morgana worriedly, "I'm afraid our lessons will have to be cut short."

Morgana raised her head and peered outside the tent as the old man went running out. She turned back to Merlin and whisper-shouted at him, "Merlin! It's the Knights of Camelot!"

Merlin ran to join her at the entrance to the tent and they both listened intently to what the Knights were saying. "We understand you Druids have two fugitives on your hands."

The leader looked up at him, "if people who practice magic is what you mean by fugitives then yes. We are all fugitives."

The knight rolled his eyes, "we're not here to arrest you all today, though I do suggest you flee, it's only a matter of time before the king decides he wants you all dead or arrested as well. We're looking for the Lady Morgana and a servant that she fled with. Scouts report that they were seen being welcomed into your camp."

The leader shrugged his shoulders, "we welcome many people into our camp."

The knight hopped off of his horse and walked to the old man, "answer the question," he said sternly.

The leader smirked, "if they were here, do you really think I would give them up so easily?"

The knight nodded, "very well," he turned to the rest of the Knights and shouted, "search the camp for the Lady Morgana and Prince Arthur's manservant!"

Morgana turned to look at Merlin, "we have to get out of here."

Merlin nodded and waited for the best moment to escape the tent, "alright. One, two, three," he counted down on his fingers quietly, "go!"

They flung the cloth entrance to the tent open and they made a run to the nearest large rock.

"Over there!" They heard a shout.

Merlin silently cursed. He put a hand on her waist and gently pushed her in one direction to get her to move. "They're too close. If they see us use magic to disappear then we're both dead."

Morgana nodded and started to run, Merlin following closely behind her. He turned his head to look over his shoulder and saw a few of the Knights advancing on them. He turned back to Morgana, "I'll distract them, you run."

She looked shocked and shook her head, "no, I'm not leaving you."

He ran a hand through his hair, "Morgana, if we split up then we have a better chance of escaping. Run for the thicker trees and then transport yourself back to the house. I'll do the same over there. Okay?"

She pursed her lips but then decided that he was right. They did have a better chance of escaping this way, "alright. Good luck," she said giving him a quick kiss on the cheek.

He nodded and gave her a small smile before running in the complete opposite direction. He ran straight for some bushes to hide in, but what he didn't notice was the knight hiding behind a tree, just waiting to catch him. The last thing he saw before everything turned black was Morgana safely transporting herself out of there.

* * *

Merlin woke up with a pounding headache. He groaned and rubbed his head as he sat up. He looked around and noticed that he was stuck in a Camelot jail cell. He lifted one of his hands over the other and was about to use magic to get the handcuffs off when someone walked right in front of his cell. It was Uther. Merlin quickly stopped what he was doing and Uther looked at him.