"Daylight."

Dipper's (POV)

The day that I dreaded for along time was almost here, the day I go home to my home town. It was the night before my last day in Gravity Falls, and I was not ready to leave. Why would I want to leave? I made so many friends, solved so many mysteries, and of course met my best friend ever, Wendy. Wendy, I wasn't ready to leave her just yet. I wondered to my self how she would be without me around. I decided to take a walk in the woods one last time before I had to go bed. I walked out the shack, and made my way into the woods. The first thing I see is the metal tree where I found one of Ford's journals in. As I continued to walk farther down the forest, all of my memories of the summer come flooding back to me.

As I continued to walk farther into the forest I see the log where me and Wendy had our talk. Wendy... All of my thoughts went to her and how she would live when I was gone. One thought came to me of her missing me. With all of these thoughts of Wendy made me feel guilty. I didn't want Wendy to be in pain because of me. I didn't want her to feel incomplete without me here with her. The thought of her crying and wanting me to come back, made my chest hurt. I decided to take a breather and sat on the log. I turned to my right to see the sun setting. I sighed and looked down. I wonder if she knows I'm going to really miss her?

I look to see the sun was almost gone, so I took a deep breath and I started to sing. Or at least try anyway.

"Here I am waiting, I'll have to leave soon."

"Why am I, holding on?"

"We knew this day would come, we knew it all along."

"How did it, come so fast?"

Before I could sing the next verse, I heard another voice behind me. I turned to see Wendy, and she sings the next verse.

"This is our last night, but it's late."

"And I'm trying not to sleep, cause I know when I wake."

"I will have to sleep away... "

I smiled and took the next verse and we took turns as she sat by me on the log.

"And when the daylight comes I'll have to go."

"But tonight I'm gonna hold you so close."

"Cause in the daylight we'll be on our own."

"But tonight I need to hold you so close."

"Oh-Woah, Oh-Woah"

"Oh-Woah, Oh-Woah"

"Oh-Woah, Oh-Woah"

"Oh-Woah, Oh-Woah"

"Here am I staring at your Perfection in my arms, so beautiful."

"This guy is getting dired cause the stalls are burning out."

"Somebody slow it down."

"This is way to hard, cause I know when the sun comes up I will leave."

"This is my last glance that will soon be memory."

"And in the daylight comes I'll have to go."

"But tonight I'm gonna hold you so close."

"Cause in the daylight we'll be on our own."

"But tonight I need to hold you so close."

"Oh-Woah, Oh-Woah"

"Oh-Woah, Oh-Woah"

"Oh-Woah, Oh-Woah"

"Oh-Woah, Oh-Woah"

"I never wanted to stop because I don't wanna start all over, start all over."

"I was scared of the dark, but now it's all that I want, all that I want, all that I want."

"And when the daylight comes I'll have to go."

"But tonight I'm gonna hold you so close."

"Cause in the daylight we'll be on our own."

"But tonight I need to hold you so close."

"Oh-Woah, Oh-Woah"

"Oh-Woah, Oh-Woah"

"Oh-Woah, Oh-Woah"

"Oh-Woah, Oh-Woah"

When we stopped we couldn't help but laugh about it. When I turned to Wendy, I saw that her smile disappeared, and was replaced by a frown. I put my hand on her shoulder and she put her hand on top. I blushed before I spoke up.

"Hey, you okay Wendy?"

"Yeah, I'm just really gonna miss you, dude."

"I know what you mean."

After I said that, she grabbed me and held me tight. I smiled sheepishly and hugged her back just as tight. I held her close, and didn't move for the life of me. Cause I know once I did, I would have to leave her. As we hugged, I heard a sniff from my shoulder. I turned to see Wendy crying on my shoulder. I was shocked, she never cries in front of me. I stroked the back of her head, and I let her cry into my shoulder. I held her tighter when she cried harder. I rubbed her back lovely to try and comfort her.

"It's gonna be okay Wendy."

"But Dipper, you're leaving! And... *sniff* I don't want you to go!"

"I know Wendy, I know."

I held her tighter, and started to cry myself. I cried into her shoulder and she held me tighter. We stayed like that in each other's arms for who knows how long, but I didn't care, she needed me and I needed her. When we finally pulled ourselves together, and stopped hugging we made our way back to the shack holding hands. When we got back to the shack is was nearly midnight. Meaning we held each other for hours and didn't even realize it. I got on to the couch and Wendy joined me. We laid on the couch holding one another once again. I felt safe in her arms, and I know she felt the same.

I could hold her forever and wouldn't care. I fell asleep that night in Wendy's arms. I didn't even need a blanket, cause she was warm and I felt safe. I even smiled in my sleep, do to being so comfy with my best friend. I couldn't even remember the last time I was this comfy and felt so loved. But I knew that once I come back next time, I will feel this way again, of course in Wendy's arms.

THE END

Author's note:

Welp, that about wraps up this compilation. I hope you guys enjoyed it, and once again Happy Wendip Week. Please let me know in the comments if you enjoyed this compilation I made, and also let me know if you want more compilations like this one. Also the song is this is called Daylight by Maroon5 check it out!

And of course don't forget to vote and comment!