THIRTY FOUR: Addition

"Plans are worthless, but planning is everything." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

_________________

T H I R T Y F O U R : Missing Boyfriend

The news covered the story of Ophelia and Harry for two weeks. Every magazineーin bold lettersーasked the same question: has the president found his First Lady? News reporters included the occasions when Ophelia was seen as the president's date (which was a lot of occasions), and concluded that he was not dating someone else. Polls were ran on her; they asked if she could make the ideal First Lady, even after her history with abuse. Most found her to be the model image of the modern First Lady, instead of the older women that were before her. Others thought she was too young, and inexperienced.

The president tried to shut down the reports, but their accusations and stories were valid under the first amendment, and they could not be stopped. Luckily, they did not discovered that she was pregnant by the outfit she was wearing. He blamed himself for boldly going to the grocery store with her, and the reason why she did not speak to him for two weeks.

After about a month, the news returned to more insightful news. News that actually mattered to the nation. Ophelia was reveled as she entered her third and final trimester of pregnancy, close to child birth. She couldn't avoid speaking to Harry forever; he apologized to her multiple times and after giving her the best shoulder massage, she forgave him.

Preparations for Theodore were hectic to the couple during her seventh month. Ophelia's entire body was in pain, and her complaints of agony was felt by every White House employee. She did not want Harry to know the extent of her turmoil, so she sticked to complaining within the walls of her office. Her breasts were heavy and the extra pounds she gained made walking and standing for long periods of time difficult.

Today, for example, was worst than usual. The summer heat during July was adding to the physical and emotional roller coaster she was on, and that did not make her happy. In the slightest. She whimpered and groaned on the couch in her office, stretching out her legs hoping the back pain would alleviate. One of the employees was concerned about Ophelia's well being while she was getting a cup of coffee. The cup warmed her hands, and pressured her subconsciously to share with the president. She rushed, clicking her heels until they met the carpet of the Oval Office.

"May I help you?" Lauren asked before the employee managed to walk in.

"Ms. Kensington is worrying me. She does not sound good in her office, and I wanted to tell the president," She honestly shared.

"All right, go ahead inside." Lauren was unaware of the fact Ophelia did not want Harry to know. She hadn't mentioned to her this morning out of forgetfulness.

The employee, that goes by Elizabeth, hesitantly stepped inside. The president was writing something down when he heard footsteps coming closer to him. He registered Elizabeth as one of his employees, someone he saw recently within the west wing.

"Hello Elizabeth. Is something wrong?"

"Yes. Ms. Kensington doesn't sound well enough to be working. She is crying of pain, and whimpering really loud and I don't thinkー" Harry did not need to hear the rest of her explanation. His legs moved too quickly to catch the rest of her sentence as he raced down the hall to his girlfriend's office.