12

CHAPTER TWELVE

Luna woke up the next day annoyed and tired. After leaving the tree house yesterday, Benny and the other sandlot boys tried calling but she never answered. They tried coming over but she slammed the door in their faces. What almost made her break was when Benny knocked on her window with bloodshot eyes.

She sighed and walked downstairs grabbing a granola bar. The doorbell rang making Luna roll her eyes and open it. She saw Benny standing there in a collared shirt, jeans and had flowers in his hand. His eyes were still bloodshot and you could see dried tears on his cheek.

"Benny, what are you doing here?" She asked.

"Luna, I know you're mad at me for what I said but I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. I can't stand you being mad at me anymore. I messed up, okay? You don't have to forgive me but at least tell me you're not mad me. I need to hear it because not everything is going alright right now.

You keep me sane and alive. When I'm around you all I can think about is happiness. But I can't think of that because we have to get the ball back from the beast, my parents are fighting, and then you're mad at me. So please, just say that you forgive me or something." Benny begged.

Luna sighed and brought him into a hug. His arms wrapped themselves around her waist fully. His face was buried into her neck and she could feel his tears fall from his face and onto her shoulder.

"I love you." Luna said.

"I love you too." Benny replied back and sighed in relief. "Does that mean you forgive me?"

"No." Luna said and he frowned. "But I'm not mad. And I'm not gonna help you get the ball back to teach you guys a lesson. Well, not really a lesson. Basically you'll see that I'm right and that we should go and ask Mr. Mertle to get the ball for us."

Benny sighed. "Fair enough."

Luna giggled at his small pout. She swiftly placed a kiss on his lips before walking back inside. Benny grabbed her wrist and jerked her back into his arms and passionate place a long kiss on her lips. She hummed into the kiss. Her arms instantly wrapped around his neck, pulling him closer. Benny was the first to pull away and when he did he rested his forehead on hers.

"Don't ever leave me, please." Benny whispered.

"Never." Luna sighed. She kissed her cheek before walking inside.

"I have to clean before my mom gets home, but I'll see you later." Luna smiled. Benny nodded and grinned back. She closed the giving Benny one last glance. She let out a deep breath smiling before cleaning.

A few hours later, Luna's mother showed up. She walked into the house smiling at how nice it was. It made her wonder what Luna wanted.

"Luna?" Her mom called out.

"Yes?" Luna walked up to her.

"What do you want?" She asked with her hands on her hips.

"What do you mean?" Luna asked innocently.

"The house is cleaner than usual meaning you want something. What is it?" She asked.

Luna sighed, dropping her act. "I want a haircut."

Her mom smiled and quickly grabbed her bag from the table and Luna's wrist. "Let's go."

Luna laughed at her moms enthusiasm. They quickly climbed into their car and headed straight to the salon. They walked in and Luna told them the hairstyle they wanted. About an hour later they were done and Luna couldn't recognize herself. Her hair went from touching her butt to a it resting on her shoulders, it slightly going over. Her hair was still a jet black color though.