Something I Witnessed

To be honest me an my brothers barely get along so I've to say it was pretty surpising when I got an call from Dylan and even more surpised of how he got my cell phone number. 

''Yes'' I said in an tone as if I'm making an business call 

''Hey it's me Dylan'' he said through the noise of the streets 

I rolled my eyes ''No kidding I could see the ID'' I said opening the fridge looking around searching for some root beer which alaways lighten my day and since I'm talking to my brother I'm pretty sure I need it right now.

''Anyway I need an favor Gabe'' Dylan said ''I need you to come to New York for an while'' 

''How long is an while?'' I asked 

''Like about the whole summer'' 

There was an few moments of silence as I began to think of spending the whole summer with my brothers or at least Dylan for an matter, who out of all the brothers I have he was the one that calls me on holidays. To be honest I barely even travel an when I do it will be miles away not in an different state. 

''Fine'' I said as the words spill out without me even thinking ''I'll come'' On the other line I could hear Dylan let out an small laugh which is something he does when ever he's relived. 

''Whose that?'' My mom said holding an basket of laundry 

''That's Dylan he said hi'' I said with an fake simile in an way of keeping my mom happy as I hang up the phone

''An also he wants me to go to New York for the summer'' 

''Fine'' she said 

For an minute I paused because my mom is the kind of mom  that will barley let you go across the town nevertheless an thousands of miles away.

''Mom your're okay with me going to New York?'' 

''Of Course besides Dylan will be watching you an it's summer School is over'' she simile ''So you go an have fun'' she gave me an hug 

''But what about Dad?'' I asked 

''He's on his business trips'' she rolled her eyes ''Again'' she mumbled 

As usual my dad went to one of his business trip where he stays in another country for an day or two but lately it have been weeks or even months sometimes. It comes to the point where I hardley ever see him at all, when I was little I would sometimes look at the stars counting them till I reach my ''lucky'' number which was 25 if it was anything over 25 then he might come home sooner, if it's anything less than 25 then he's not coming right away. But I guess as I got older I stop believing in certain things like my father coming home an actually spending time with me and my brothers before they graduated and move out . I look at the sunset on the rooftop seeing an swirl of colors blended together in harmony I guess. From afar the trees dance beneath the wind that makes the leaf swirl in motion. Down below I could voices one in particular as I duck down making sure they can't see me or hear me.

''Well I could see that you finally made it home'' my mom said sitting on the porch crossing her arms as usual my father sigh

''Not now Haven I'm tried I just came from an long flight let's just talk in the morning'' 

My mom shook her head ''I'm tried of talking in the morning or arguing in the night it's clear that you haven't been  listen otherwise you won't be trying to fix  our marriage or even try to talk  to your kids'' she handed him something which looks like an suitecase ''the papers are inside'' she said closing the door. My father on the other hand just look at his suitecase as if it's ghost, as if it's something he couldn't believe that really  happening. An for the first time ever he looked at me in the exact spot of where I'm  hiding at for an long time like he's capute an picture of this moment before he got in his car an drive away.