Chapter 2

A/N: Y'all really need to watch the video in the media because it's great...🙂

"What the fuck Anna?!" I yelled. My first instinct as a man was to grab the fuckboy that was on top of my girl and beat the shit out of him, so that's what I did. "Kris stop!" Anna yelled as she pulled me off of him. "How could you do this to me? After 3 years this is how you're gonna treat me?!" I spat. "Well what do you expect me to do Kris? You're never home!" She yelled back. "Ok so we can sit down and talk about it! You don't have to bring some random guy home and fuck him on my bed!" I continued yelling. "Our bed." She said quieter but I could still hear her. "No. It's not our bed anymore. It's just mine." I said crossing my arms. "What do you mean?" She asked. "I mean, both of you get the fuck out of my house right now!" I started yelling again. "Kris..." Anna started but I cut her off. "No. I don't wanna hear anymore of your bullshit! Now both of you get out of my house!" I said and they both grabbed their clothes and left.

I walked downstairs and flopped on the couch, putting my head in my hands. How could she do this to me after 3 years? My thoughts were ended by a phone ringing. It was Anthony. "Hey man." I said into the phone. "Hey. Is everything ok? You sound upset." He said, concern evident in his voice. "I'd rather talk in person. Can you come over?" I asked him. "Kris I don't know man it's really late and..." He started but I interrupted. "Please bro. I need you." I begged. "I'll be there in 10 minutes." He said before hanging up.

"Hey man. Come on in." I said to Anthony who had just gotten to my house. We both walked into the living room and sat down on the couch. "What's going on?" He asked concerned. "Anna cheated on me..." I said as tears started to fill my eyes. "What the hell?" He said. "I don't know what I'm gonna do." I said staring at the floor. "Well for starters..." He said exiting the living room and coming back seconds later with 2 beers. "We don't play tomorrow. Bottoms up." He continued as he raised his can then took a big sip and I did the same. "Bottoms up." I repeated him.

2 days later
"Hey dude how you doin?" Anthony asked me as I showed up to Wrigley Field. "Not too good." I admitted. "Rizzo! It's your turn!" John yelled before Anthony had a chance to respond. "Boo!" I heard from behind me and I turned around to see Madison. "Hey." I said. "You ok?" She asked, knowing I'm not. "Yeah. I'm fine." I said as I grabbed my glove and went to shag balls.

Madison's POV
I've only known Kris for like one day, but I can always tell when people aren't ok, and he's not. I watched from the dugout and they took infield and outfield before the game. Kris missed about 4 ground balls at 3rd. "Bryant what's your problem?" Coach Madon yelled. "Nothing. I'll be good by game time." Kris responded and they continued taking infield.

It's almost game time and there's been no mood change for Kris what so ever. "Bryant are you ready?" Coach Madon asked and Kris nodded. "Alright then. Let's hit the field!" Coach continued and all the starters ran onto the field. I was honestly scared for Kris. He's obviously not completely focused and I'm afraid he's gonna get hit by a line drive at 3rd or something.

Kris was batting 2nd so he got his helmet and batting gloves on before grabbing a bat and going to the on deck circle. Ben got a first pitch hit right back up the middle which brought Kris up to the plate. "He's not ok you know?" Anthony said coming up beside me. "I could tell." I responded. "He's not focused. I feel like something bad is gonna happen." He continued. "Me too." I agreed. He watched the first 2 pitches go right down the middle. When he stepped in the box for the 3rd pitch I got a weird feeling in my stomach. He stepped in the box and got set. The pitch was delivered, and then Kris was on the ground. He just got his in the face by a 97 mph fastball.

I quickly grabbed my medical bag and ran onto the field with Anthony close behind me. I got to Kris and he was laying on his stomach motionless. "He's unconscious." I said after we got him flipped over. There was blood coving his face. We waved for the stretcher and they brought it out. We got Kris on it then took him into the clubhouse.

I was organizing some stuff when I heard Kris moan from the bed he was on. "Hey. How you feelin?" I asked walking over to him. "I have a headache." He said rubbing his temple with his fingertips. "Well you did get hit on the face by a 97 mph fastball." I said sarcastically. "How come you didn't try to move?" I said with a more serious tone. "I was kinda out if it. I have been all day." He said sitting up and swinging his feet over the side of the bed. "You wanna talk about it?" I asked sitting on the bed in front of him. "Um... My... My girlfriend... cheated on my..." He said looking at the ground. "Oh wow. I'm so sorry Kris." I said placing my hand on his knee "Don't be. I guess that was just God's way of telling me she wasn't the right one." He said running his fingers through his hair.

"Hey bud." Anthony said walking in. "Hey. Did we win?" He asked. "Yeah! Dex had a walk off double!" Anthony said with a smile. "Awesome! Hey can you take me home dude?" Kris asked. "Yeah. Come on." Anthony said helping him up. "Bye guys." I said to them.

Kris's POV
"Dude don't try to get out yourself. Let me help you." Anthony said when we got to my house. "Alright there ya go." Anthony said as he sat me down on the couch. "Do you need anything?" He asked. "Ice cream." I said with a grin. "Ok. I'll go get you some." He said walking toward the door. "Hey Rizzy." I said and he turned around. "Yeah?" He asked. "Why don't you just use the ice cream that's in my freezer." I said with a smirk. "Oh I didn't know you had any." He said walking to the kitchen. "You bought it 3 days you retard!" I said laughing. "Oh yeah." He said laughing as he scooped 2 bowls of ice cream. "Here ya go." He said handing it to me and sitting down beside me. "You know you really are a..." --KNOCK KNOCK-- "I got it." He said standing up. "Oh hey Madison." I heard him say and both of them appeared in the living room. "Well now that you're here, does that mean I can leave?" Anthony said smiling. "Sure." I said taking a bite of ice cream. "Cool. Bye guys!" He said grabbing his keys and leaving.

"So, what're you doing here?" I asked finishing off my ice cream. "I just thought I would come check and see how you were doing." She said. "Oh ok. Well pop a squat!" I said smiling and patting the spot beside me. "You know, other than you helping me after I got beamed in the head, we never really had an opportunity to talk." I said turning towards her. "Well now is our chance." She said with a smile. "So tell me about yourself." I said. "Um, I'm originally from Gulf Shores, Alabama, I've got an older brother, his name is Max, and I've got a little brother, and his name is Matt, My parents have been divorced since I was 7, and I grew up playing softball but I had to quit after high school because I tore my ACL and both MCL's in my knee." She said."Wow. That's gotta suck." I said. "Yeah. It Did. Now tell me about you." She said.  "Ok well, I'm originally from Las Vegas Valley, I have one brother named Nick, I went to college at San Diego State and got drafted in the 2nd overall pick and that's pretty much it. You might not believe it, but I live a pretty boring life." I said and we both laughed.

3 hours later
It was now 1:30 in the morning and Madison was still here. "Oh shoot!" She said. "What?" I asked her. "It's 1:30." She said looking at me and smiling. "Oh shoot!" I said mocking her words. "I guess I should get going." She said. "Yeah." I respond as we both stood up and I walked her to the door. "It was fun talking to you. I had fun." I said as I held the door open. "Yeah. Me too." She said. I don't know why, but all the sudden I felt the need to kiss her and I started leaning in. "I'll see you tomorrow." She said and walked away. "Ok." I said too quite for her to hear me. "What the fuck Kris?!" I yelled to myself after I closed the door. I went to bed thinking about Madison but I never actually fell asleep...
~~~
I hope y'all enjoy the chapter! And I will be updating my JJ Watt story in the next few days. I'm at the beach for the World Series with my softball team right now but I have a few days off so I should be able to get a chapter in. And tomorrow night I'm going to see Dierks Bentley at The Wharf in Gulf Shores and I'm so excited😁😍