Chapter 10

Madison's POV
3 month later
Today is mine and Kris's 5 month anniversary and I'm excited for what he has planned. He told me he's gonna cook for me. He's so romantic. It's still a few hours until I go over to his house so I called my friend Mackenzie and she came over to my apartment.

"Hey girl!" She said walking in. "Hey!! I missed you!" I said pulling her into a hug. We sat down on my couch to catch up. "So... how's it going with Mr. Heart eyes?" She asked using the nickname she gave Kris. "It actually couldn't be better! Today is our 5 month anniversary." I told her and she made a face. "And you're hanging out with me and not him?" She asked. "He's cooking for me tonight! I have to get in a dress and do my hair and makeup just to go to his house." I said and her jaw dropped. "Oh my gosh how romantic!" She said putting her hand over her heart. "Yeah but when he told me we were eating at his house, I was hoping to be able to put on joggers and a tee shirt and throw my hair in a bun, but that's out the window." I said and we both laughed.

We sat on the couch and talked and played with Jack until it was time for me to get ready. "Mac do you wanna help me?" I asked and she suddenly get very excited. We went back to my bedroom and she did my hair in loose curls while I did my make up. Once we got done, we went to my closet. While I looked for a dress, Mac looked for shoes. I decided on a black dress that came down to my knees and had lace around the neck and Mac picked out a pair of tan heels. "Man we knocked that out in half the time you would've if you did it by yourself." She said once we were done. "Yeah and I'm still almost late." I said checking my phone. We walked out to the parking lot of my apartment complex and we hugged and said our goodbyes before I made my way to Kris's house.

I pulled in Kris's driveway and got out of my car, walking up to the door. He told me earlier just to walk in when I got to his house, so that's what I did. I opened the door to see only a few lights on and a trail of rose peddles leading to the back patio. I followed the trail to the back door, where, on the patio, Kris was standing by a table with candles wearing a tux. "Rose peddle trails must be your thing." I said walking up to him and kissing him. "Hey, whatever makes my girl smile is what I'm gonna do." He said pulling out my chair for me to sit down. He picked up a bottle of champagne that was sitting in the table and poured it into our empty glasses. "A toast, to overcoming all the ups and downs we've been through together, to all the great times, and to all the memories still to come. I love you baby girl." Kris said and I felt tears in my eyes as we clinked our glasses together.

Kris's POV
I've been wanting to ask Madi something for a few weeks now, and I think this is the perfect time to do it, but I haven't gone over how I'm gonna do it at all. Here goes nothing.

"Move in with me." I blurted out and Madi froze. "Wow that was supposed to be much more smooth than that." I said rubbing my face with my hands. "What?" Madi asked, still shocked at what just happened. "I want you to move in with me. You're over here 90 percent of the time anyway. And your apartment is on the complete other side of Chicago. I can't stand having you that far away. And, Jack would be much more free here. He would have a yard to run around in and waste all his energy. We would be like our own little family. Just me, you, and our little fur baby" I finished by referring to her Instagram caption. "I would like nothing more." She said with a big smile as she hugged and kissed me.

Madison's POV
Kris and I eventually made our way to the couch and into some comfortable clothes. We sat on the couch watching Criminal Minds and Kris eventually dozed off with his head on my shoulder so I face timed Mackenzie. "Hey!!" She said answering the phone and I put my finger up to my lips telling her to be quiet. "Why?" She asked at a whisper. "Kris is sleeping on my shoulder." I whispered turning my phone where she could see him and then turning it back to me. "So why'd you FaceTime me if I can't talk at my normal level; loud?" She asked. "I have to tell you something very very important." I told her. "I'm listening." She said as she got closer to her phone. "Kris asked me to move in with him." I said and she screamed causing Kris to jolt awake and I died laughing at how confused he was. "Oh gosh! I'm sorry Kris!" Mackenzie apologized. "What the hell just happened?" Kris asked, still half asleep. "I told her you asked me to move in." I answered, catching Kris up on what was happening. "Ok I'm gonna go. I love you." Mackenzie said before hanging up. "She screams really loud." Kris said pulling me into him. "She's just a loud person." I said laughing. "I love you baby." Kris commented before kissing me. "I love you too." I replied before we both dozed off on the couch.