Chapter 18 (#harpertothecubs)

Madison's POV
So, as of today, I'm a little bit over 20 weeks pregnant. I had a doctors appointment last week while the guys were in Arizona so Josh went with the team to cover me while I stayed back in Chicago. Anyways, during my doctors appointment, I got to find out if we're having a boy or a girl. So, today, when I get the Wrigley, we're gonna get everyone out in the field as a surprise to Kris to do one of those gender reveals with the powder-filled ball and I'm super excited.

I was pulled from my thoughts as I heard Eli Young Band's 'Saltwater Gospel' playing in the background as my ringtone. I picked up my phone to see that it was Anthony so I answered it. "Hey Rizz." I said into the phone. "Hey Madi. Are you on your way to Wrigs yet?" He questioned. "Not quite yet. I'm about to put the dogs up then I'll be on my way." I told him. "Well hurry. Kris is starting to wonder why we haven't started BP." He replied. "Okay. I'm leaving right now." I said before hanging up the phone and sliding it in my back pocket. I put the dogs in their crates before grabbing my keys and walking out the door.

Kris's POV
"Alright! Let's hit the field!" I heard Anthony announce which made me even more suspicious because that's Joe's thing. We got out to the field to see that there was no equipment waiting on us. "Guys, what the hell is going on?" I asked. "You're about to find out if that baby that comes out of your woman is gonna be a boy or a girl." Anthony told me, handing me a bat. I then saw Madi walking out onto the field with a ball and I smiled from ear to ear. "So that's why you stayed here?" I asked her and she nodded before giving me a kiss. "Alright, come on lovebirds! We need to know if this child is gonna have a penis!" Alex, the newest member of Chicago yelled, causing laughter. I glared at him before walking up to the plate. Madi stood a few feet in front of the mound and prepared to throw the ball. "Drumroll please!" Javy yelled. Madi tossed the ball, I swung, and into the air arose a cloud of pink powder causing a huge smile and tears of joy as I hugged my wife with the rest of the team going crazy behind us. "Kris, not being mean or anything but this baby girl better look like Madison!" Almora announced, causing more laughter. "I love you Mrs. Bryant." I said, turning my attention back to Madi before planting a kiss in her lips. "I love you too, Mr. Bryant." She replied after the kiss. "This baby girl is gonna be the most spoiled child in Illinois." Joe said. "What makes you say that?" I asked. "Well Kris, you're her dad and she's gonna be your little princess. And, she's gonna be around all of us all the time and we're all gonna spoil the crap out of her." He replied. "Amen to that!" The Venezuelan accent of Wilson Contreras chimed in.

"Guys, we've been standing here for too long. Cinci just got here." Jake announced, turning our attention to the visitors dugout where the Reds began to walk out onto the field. "Yo! Is it social hour or are y'all gonna be productive!" Joey Votto yelled as he began to walk towards us. "We've been gender relieving!" Javy yelled back, causing laughter. "Really? Dude what are you having?" Joey asked, turning his attention to me. "It's a girl." I told him and he smiled. "You know she's gonna be super spoiled, right?" He said and Joe playfully hit me shoulder. "That's exactly what Joe said." I told him. "Votto! Let's go man!" Scooter Gennett yelled from left field. "Congrats you two!" He said before running back to his team and we began warming up.

It was almost game time and we were about to take the field when one of our announcers started talking. "Ladies and gentlemen, we are proud to announce that the Chicago Cubs nation will be expanding! Everyone's favorite third baseman, Kris Bryant, and his wife Madison will be welcoming a baby girl around March of next year! Congratulations you two! Now, who's ready for some Cubbie baseball?!" He finished and the crowd went crazy as we took the field.

We ended up winning 6-1, putting us 3 games ahead in first place in the NL Central. We were in the locker room after the game taking our uniforms off and putting shorts and tee shirts on. I was about ready when my phone buzzed. "Come to my office after you get done." A text from Madi read. "Ohhh Kris is in trouble!" Anthony said, reading the text over my shoulder so I hit him on the arm then grabbed my bag and walked towards Madi's office. "Hey hot stuff." I said propping up against the door frame. "Hey babe." She replied with a smile. "I'm not in trouble am I? Last time I got called to the office was because I punched I kid in the face in the 11th grade." I told her and she laughed. "You're not in trouble. I just didn't want to walk through the locker room with all the guys changing." She commented. "I respect that." I said, putting my arm around her as we walked toward the parking lot and rove home.

When we got home, I let the dogs out while Madi got a snack. We had an off day tomorrow so we're gonna watch a movie tonight. "So what do you wanna watch?" I asked her after letting the dogs back in. "Brother Bear!!" She announced. "Okay. Are we 4?" I asked sarcastically. "Hush. It's my favorite movie. I'm carrying your baby so we watch what I want to." She said getting up and putting the movie in. "Is that gonna be your excuse for the next 6 months?" I asked with a laughed and she just nodded. I sat down beside her on the couch and the second I did, both dogs, who are not puppy sized anymore, decided they wanted to join us. Jack laid in my lap while Wrigley laid his head on Madi's lap as the movie began to play. I couldn't think of a better way to spend my night.

~~~~~~~
Y'all, lots of stuff has happened since the last time I updated. Hurricane Harvey has destroyed the lives of people living in Texas. I recommend helping in anyway possible even if you just donate $10. Or just say a prayer and give it all to God.
Also, there is a Category 5 hurricane, Hurricane Irma, which is on course to hit Puerto Rico, our beloved Javy Baez's home country, and then continue towards Florida. Guys, this hurricane is so strong, that it is being picked up on devices designed to detect earthquakes. So, take a minute out of your day and say a prayer for Puerto Rico, Florida and other countries and southern states that are going to be affected by this monster hurricane.

Okay, let's get out if that sad stuff for a minute because 2 of my favorite Iowa Cubs, Dillon Maples and Taylor Davis, got called up to the show and I'm super excited to watch them preform at this level!!