Chapter 19 (#harpertothecubs)

Madison's POV
I woke up to the smell of cooking bacon and realized I was still on the couch. I stood up and walked a few feet to the island in our kitchen. "That looks delicious." I said once Kris and the food were in my view. "So do you." He said walking up to me and giving me a kiss. He quickly deepened the kiss by pulling me as close as my baby bump would let him and putting both hands on my cheeks. After a minute, that delicious smelling bacon began to smell like burnt bacon. "Kris. The bacon." I tried to say through his lips. "Shit." He yelled as he ran over to the stove and moved the bacon pan off of the hot eye. He let it cool for a minute before dumping the ruined pieces of bacon in the trash. "So, Cracker Barrel?" He asked and I laughed as I nodded yes so Kris grabbed his keys and we headed for the door.

We got the Cracker Barrel and got seated quickly. After about 2 minutes the waiter came to get our drinks. "I want chocolate milk." I told him and Kris snickered. "What's so funny about that?" The waiter asked, as if he was defending me. "What do you mean?" Kris asked. "You laughed when you ordered chocolate milk. I wanna know what's so funny about that." The waiter replied. "Man I was just messing around with my wife." Kris told him. "We'll have you ever thought that laughing might offend her?" He said. I looked at Kris and could tell he was getting furious. "Kris don't." I tried to say but I was too late. He stood up and got in the waiters face. "Look man, she's my damn wife. She knows when I'm messing around with her. Our relationship is none of your business anyways so why don't you stay out of it!" Kris yelled and the waiter now looked frightened. I guess he didn't realize how tall Kris was when he was sitting down so he tried to be big. But, once Kris's 6'5 frame was standing in front of him, be became small.

"Hey! What's going on here!" An older man yelled as he made his way to our table. So Kris wouldn't yell at him too, I explained the situation. He looked at the waiter before whispering something in his ear and the waiter left. "I'm so sorry about this. Your meal is on the house and I will have another waiter with you shortly." The gentleman said and we thanked him before he walked away. "What the actual fuck?" Kris said and I laughed. "That is most definitely a first." He continued as he too began to laugh. Kris and I ate our meal and then got up to leave. On the way out, as we were walking through the gift shop, I spotted these cute little Cubs jerseys for dogs. "Oh my gosh Kris. We have to get the dogs one of these!" I said, holding one up. "Putting a dog in clothes is torture. Jack and Wrigley would never forgive me if I let you put that on them." He replied, taking it out of my hand and setting it down before dragging me out. "You're mean." I said to him as we got to the car. "You love me." He said kissing me on the forehead before opening my door, closing it once I was inside. We drove back to the house as I jammed out to Sam Hunt, occasionally receiving a sarcastic glare from Kris. As our house came into sight, we realized that there were 2 cars in the driveway that do not belong to us. "One of those is Anthony's." Kris said as we pulled in. We walked to the door, me being freaked out from watching too much Criminal Minds. We got to the door and Kris opened the unlocked door which he had locked when we left. As we entered the house, three bodies jumped out from behind the couch. "Surprise!!" They all yelled, one of them obviously being Anthony. "Matt, Max? What are y'all doing here?" I questioned in shock as to why my brothers came up from Alabama. "What, we can't come see our favorite sister?" Matt said. "Matt, I'm your only sister." I told him with a laugh. "And that is why you're our favorite!" Max chimed in. "Shut up." I sarcastically stated before pulling both of my brothers into one big hug. "But really, what're you guys doing here? I asked. "Well, we haven't seen you in a few months so we thought we'd come up to surprise y'all. But, when we got here, y'all were gone so we called Anthony to come let us in so we could surprise y'all." Matt told us. "I wanted to surprise y'all too." Rizz chimed in with a smile on his face. "We saw you yesterday Rizz." Kris stated. "So. I can still surprise you." Anthony said, crossing his arms and pretending to pout.