CHAPTER 11: A NIGHT TO REMEMBER

Dear diary,

I know I shouldn't get my hopes up but it feels like I finally have a chance with him... or maybe it's all just in my head...

---

Weeks before the the anniversary ball, Kyla and I shopped till we drop. After the seventh store that we visited, there it was, the dress that I was looking for. It was displayed and was worn by a mannequin so I immediately visualized what I would look like in that dress. When I tried it, it was like the dress was actually made for me.

"The dress looks perfect on you!"

I looked in front of the mirror, admiring the intricate design of the dress. She's right. It fits me perfectly. The sweetheart neckline accentuated my collarbone and the corset is not too tight. It highlights my small waist.

"Thanks, Kyla! I wouldn't have found this dress without you."

"Aww you're welcome! You helped me find my perfect dress too. So I won't stop till we find yours."

The saleslady approached us and told us that my size is the only one left. The last two stocks have different sizes. She also told us that they are a custom made ready-to-wear store so the designs are limited only to at least two to three.

The dress was definitely meant for me.

Fast forward to the event that I've been waiting for.

I felt so overwhelmed but at the same time excited knowing that Carlo will be my partner.

"So when will your date pick you up? I want to take pictures before you go to the ball." Mom said, as she put a flower on my hair for the finishing touch.

Then my phone beeped, as if Carlo had heard Mom asking.

"He texted me just now, he said he'll be here soon."

Few moments later, I heard the doorbell. I was looking at my reflection and was admiring what Mom had done to my hair.

"Don't worry, I'll get this!" Janina shouted downstairs, but Mom still went down to check if it was really Carlo.

I heard her open the door.
"Hi Carlo!" Janina exclaimed, though it's a bit loud for a little girl if I do say so myself. She sounded more excited than me with her high-pitched voice.

"Hi Janina!" I giggled silently just hearing them talk to each other so loud. I heard Carlo cleared his throat as he greeted mom. "Good evening, Mrs. Smith. Is Elly done getting ready?"
"Good evening, Carlo. Yes, she's done." Then mom called me to go down already.

I went down the stairs, feeling like a princess who's so excited to see her prince.

It felt like everything was happening in slow motion. I saw him, looking at me as if I was the most beautiful girl on the planet.

He looks so handsome. I suddenly felt so mushy, good thing I was holding on to the railings.

"Wow. You look wonderful." He said, while obviously looking at me with awe.

"Thank you." I hope I didn't look all flustered when I said that.

"Oh before I forgot, I think this will be great if you wear this one." He reached for his pocket to put on the corsage on my wrist.

"Okay, stop being so cheesy there and let me take your picture now before you leave for the ball. " Mom said in a sing song voice as she tried to catch our attention