four

ー"you should get yourself a tutor, kook," namjoon said as he looked the younger up and down before briefly smiling. "tutor? for what?" jungkook said while picking his nails, lazily staring at namjoon is bewilderment. "jin and I want you and taehyung to start studying more and get yourself an online tutor. you're about to turn 18 and taehyung is already 19. I also think it's time for both of you to get a hotel to live in too. experience how life works. we raised you both for almost five years and I think you guys should experience the outside world."

jungkook widened his eyes before standing up, his oversized black shirt slightly falling off his shoulder. "what do you mean? what if we both get caught or someone recognizes us?" jungkook eyes widened in fear and jin smiled before laughing.

"I barely recognize you from when you were 13. puberty seemed to change your looks, but taehyung still looks pretty similar. but his sense of fashion seemed to change so maybe he won't be recognizable. anyways, joonie and I already talked this over multiple times. we'll help you start off but we're planning on getting married in a few months. we can't keep you both forever."

taehyung seemed to walk in at that exact moment, a pastel blue sweater hanging off him and jin smiled. taehyung wiped his eyes in tiredness before looking up at jin. jin gasped at him before frowning. "taehyung, why is there glitter under your eyes again?" taehyung pouted before touching the area under his eye, most definitely finding glitter and silver stars softly scattered across his nose and upper cheeks.

"I was...painting?" he said, almost as if he was unsure himself and jin huffed before walking up to him. taking the glitter that was also in his hair, jin suddenly gave a sad smile towards the younger. "tae, joonie and I are going to let you live with jungkook in a cheap hotel so you can experience life. you managed to learn a lot while I was still in my last year of college but getting a tutor would work well for you. for at least a year or two." taehyung looked at jin with a questionable gaze before he already felt tears pricking his eyes.

namjoon noticed this before giving a sad smile, a sigh leaving his lips as he closed his eyes. seokjin didn't say anything as tears started to roll down his soft cheeks, jungkook coming up to him before embracing the other in a hug, resting his chin on top of taehyung's head. "tae, it's okay. we can still see them. we're going to live life like regular people. don't you want that?" taehyung immediately nodded his head and jungkook laughed, slowly letting go of the hug. he wiped the tears out of taehyung's eyes, not caring if glitter got on his fingers. "let's go," jungkook said softly before a small etched on his thin lips.

"let's go," taehyung repeated.

jin could be heard sobbing in the background and taehyung laughed aloud upon the site of namjoon comforting him. "they grow up so fast."

"oh shut up."

-

taehyung smiled at jungkook, nuzzling his face into the crook of his neck as jungkook looked for online tutors on his extremely cheap phone. namjoon and jin had given both taehyung and jungkook their old high school and college books they kept for them, knowing that it'll be useful in the future.

"jungkookie, everything we have isn't the best quality but I just wanted to know that i'm very happy." jungkook looked down on taehyung who was sprawled on his chest, his head resting on the crook of his neck. "me too tae, me too."

"when did you become taller than me anyways? we practically switched personalities compared to when we were kids." taehyung frowned and jungkook laughed. "you were such a baby back then. I used to protect you from everything and now you're not only taller than me, but 90% of your closet consists of dark clothing and you started to go to the gym with joonie-hyung." taehyung complained and jungkook could only laugh at his jealousy. "you hate to exercise and spent all your time in jin hyung's room painting like crazy."

"that's true."

silence filled the air before jungkook suddenly yelled. "I got myself a tutor!" taehyung immedaitely widened his eyes before smiling. "who?" he said quickly and jungkook cheekily smiled. "his name is park jimin. he said he'll help me!" taehyung widened his eyes before smiling as well. "now we both have tutors!"

jungkook looked at taehyung for a moment before sitting up on the couch. "what is your tutors name?" taehyung couldn't keep the smile off of his face. "his name is min yoongi." jungkook closed his phone after before standing up from the couch. "now that we both have tutors, let's set up our furniture. since there's only one bed here, i'll sleep on the couch." taehyung didn't say anything at that, he didn't want to show the disappointment.

"where do I put all my paint supplies?"

"you're not painting in the living room. paint in your bathroom or something. there are two bathrooms here so i'll use the other one." taehyung frowned but nodded. "my bathtub is going to be a colorful mess by the end of this." he mumbled to nobody in particular.

the night had consisted of loud shrieks of furniture being moved as it was dragged across the wood flooring and taehyung felt bad for whoever slept in the room beside them or under them. hours passed and both of them were practically sweating but taehyung had enough energy to smile before jumping on jungkook's back, a raspberry colored blush flushing the blondes own cheeks as he nuzzled his nose into the crook of jungkook's neck.

"gross, get off and take a shower. you smell like an old grandpa." jungkook shrieked and taehyung only laughed as the red color on his cheeks darkened.

"hey jungkookie," taehyung suddenly said and jungkook rolled his eyes. "what? it's 2 in the morning and i'm not in the mood for your lame jokes," he huffed.

taehyung only smiled wider before grabbing jungkook's hands.

"jungkook, I..." jungkook widened his eyes at the serious tone of his voice, staying quiet as he let taehyung continue.

"I just wanted to let you know that...

you smell like an old grandpa too."

---

a/n

please tell me if the story is going too slow because I think it's going too slow. idk though.

also, I was supposed to add something serious at the end but it's 2 am and my inner meme was coming out.