seven

ーthe sky had been painted with a mix of pinks and oranges before jungkook had left the house. however, all the color faded only an hour after he left in the evening, leaving the darkness of the hour with a canvas of the color black filling the sky. the air was thick and quiet, and taehyung found himself feeling colder due to no presence of jungkook himself in the place rather than the chilly air outside his door. 

it had been winter, after all, one of taehyung's least favorite seasons due to the fact that it was already dark before he could even eat dinner.

 he didn't exactly complain as much, but the sound of his teeth chattering and the shivering of his legs make it so he did. the flat he lived in with jungkook seemed to have a heater that was barely managing that taehyung himself was surprised on how it hadn't broken yet. 

that's where taehyung found himself in the small and compressed kitchen, the space way too small to fit more than three people max. it was the one-day taehyung found himself wanting to cook, despite being a cook and almost burning down the flat in an attempt to make dinner. however, this changed after taehyung almost burned his hand in the pot, going for cup ramen instead. 

jungkook was going to be gone for the next five days, leaving taehyung all to himself. he did say he would come back at night, but taehyung doubted that he would come back before midnight hit. in fact, he doubted the two were even studying right now.

the brunette didn't bother messaging him, distracting himself when the scent of ramen filled his nose. he knew that if he thought about the two, the feeling of anger and jealousy would start to flow through his veins.

he hated it. he hated feeling jealous. taehyung knew himself he was being overdramatic. he knew that jungkook had his own choice of choosing he wanted to love. he had his own choice of who wanted to spend the rest of his life with. 

but he couldn't stop himself from having a grudge against jimin either.

it wasn't really that jimin did anything bad to him. in fact, he was probably a wonderful person if you got to know him personally. taehyung could only sigh to himself.

"what am I doing?" 

letting out a huff of annoyance, the voices of the virtual screen surrounded the quietness of that hour. taehyung wasn't the biggest fan of television, but it was surely better than letting his thoughts get the best of him. he spent the rest of the night starring at the same screen for hours.

it was only then that the voices had gotten quieter, the moving images had gotten blurrier, and taehyung had fallen asleep. 

the only light of the room was of the screen of the television, soft voices surrounding the quietness of the small living space. although it had been cold outside for the rest of the night, it had no competition when comparing it to taehyung's heart for the rest of the week.

taehyung never felt more empty. 

---

a/n

lmao I'm almost blind bec I spend too much time on my electronics. whY

to active readers im gonna bless u w a double update bec its been weeks since I updated and this is only 600 words (again) ueueuehsjwks.