six

ー"what is it like to fall in love?"

taehyung had always pondered the answer to this question. he starred at his tutor, yoongi, who had been staring back at him but a small smile etched on his lips. "love?" yoongi repeated the word, his smile slowly fading as he continued to stare at taehyung.

"you can't exactly explain the term 'love' in words. it's kinda like saying that it is what it is." taehyung pouted at his lack of response before pushing the calculus textbook away from him. he was in yoongi's house, studying as he recently found out that they lived close to one another. taehyung hadn't invited him to his place out of pure fear and sheer embarrassment.

"are you in love, taehyung?" yoongi asked, the calculus textbook long forgotten on the dining room table. the brunette gave a pained smile before sighing. "I think."

"love is an amazing thing. but there are times you need to be...cautious."

"cautious?" taehyung repeated.

"I fell in love once. this boy...had brunette hair. it was like yours but slightly darker. I loved him. strange, really. I would actually die for him. he understood me in ways that others didn't. he brought the energy out of me because he was always so hyper and energetic. life was great for the next few months, wonderful actually until he..." yoongi never had time to finish his words until taehyung shushed him. "I'm so sorry you had to go through that. you don't need to finish. I can see that you're visibly shaking."

yoongi shook his head before wiping his tears with his sweater. the same pained smile was there when he opened taehyung's calculus textbook.

"until he died."

--

when taehyung arranged his shoes neatly against the wall and walked in, he saw jungkook on his phone.

"hi kook," taehyung said quietly as he slowly took off his coat, placing it on one of the plastic hangers. jungkook looked at taehyung before a small smile etched on his face. "how was tutoring?"

"decent. I was able to understand almost everything so we had some time to... talk about ourselves." jungkook didn't manage to notice the frown upon taehyung's lips and only smiled. "that's good. jimin says that he is free this entire week so I am planning on going there for five or six days. i'll only be there for majority of the day and i'll come back at night. is that okay with you?"

"as long as you're getting the best education you can, i'm fine with it."

jungkook sprung up from the couch to hug taehyung who had been freezing cold. taehyung hugged back but he only frowned at the thought of being alone for an entire seven days.

"we can hang out after I come back. jimin has been wanting me to come over a lot more recently so..." taehyung frown only deepened at his words, and he slowly pulled away from jungkook's embrace. "are you and jimin always studying? I only meet yoongi only two to threee times a week because he is busy with his own things but you and jimin seem to hang out around three times more than I do with yoongi."

"we normally study but sometimes he just invites me to watch a movie with him or have dinner with him," jungkook said in bewilderment, curious to why taehyung started to get so worked up.

taehyung only nodded his head turning around and leaving the room without saying any more words. "have fun," taehyung said, and jungkook could practically feel the tension in the air as the door was slammed shut.

.

.

.

"what?"

---

a/n

I'm pathetic this is like 600 words and one month late. this shit happens when you have no motivation to write anything on here anymore