nine

—the day jungkook came back was when he saw taehyung unsurprisingly asleep in the bathtub. it wasn't exactly a rare occurrence since taehyung had nowhere else to paint in the small complex, but it was better than nothing. 

what piqued his interest was the fact there was his most recent painting destroyed on the floor, a big hole in the center as drops of paint were splattered on the floor. 

artists are somewhat messy in general but the brunette had been curious since the boy almost never destroyed his art unless he had been absolutely furious or emotional. 

sighing, he took quiet steps toward the bathroom mirror, staring at the noticeable hickeys littered across his neck all the way to his stomach. it gave him an eery feeling as he ran his hands across his neck, slightly shivering at the sudden spark of pain. it was only then he gave a quick glance towards taehyung, face hidden by his arms. 

sighing, he quickly left the bathroom, not forgetting to turn off the soft music playing in the background before shutting the door. hopefully, taehyung would have forgotten about the phone call last night and they can move on, pretending that nothing had ever happened.  

-

the next morning was awkward, to say the least. jungkook didn't bother covering his hickeys, and taehyung felt a feeling of jealousy bubbling inside him. they both avoided conversation, creating thick tension within the cold air. 

it was only then taehyung got exhausted, and quietly spoke up as jungkook had been on his phone. "how was jimins?" he quietly asked, almost inaudible. jungkook piped his head at the sudden question, embarrassment running through him. "it was ok." he responded back and taehyung almost cringed at the dry response. "I heard the phone call." taehyung spoke again, blaming his quivering lip on the cold. 

jungkook kept silent at that for a few seconds before letting out a sigh. "i'm sorry you had to hear that taehyung. he forced me to call you." 

"he forced you? why?" taehyung kept a frown on his face, voice calm and he stopped cooking to look at jungkook. 

jungkook didn't respond, however, eyes wide as he starred at taehyung.

"why jungkook? how does he know about me?" taehyung slowly walked forward to jungkook, standing above him. jungkook would've found the boy intimidating if he wasn't wearing a soft pink sweater and having glitter (unsurprisingly) in his hair.

"I told him about you before." jungkook whispered.

"what did you say about me?"

"he um- got jealous of you because I told him that I had to go back to our place." 

"do you regret the phone call?" jungkook nodded his head slowly and taehyung almost smirked.

he leaned in, resting his head on jungkooks. breathing in, he slowly fluttered his eyes open, staring directly at jungkook who had been staring back. 

"kiss me."

taehyung couldn't tell who leaned in first, but as soon as their lips touched, the kiss had stolen all thoughts and words that had been laid bare. taehyung gasped before pushing jungkook on his back, straddling him in desperation. jungkook kept his hands around the curves of taehyung's waist, his eyes hazy as if his breath had been knocked out of him. 

taehyung peppered gentle kisses along his neck and jungkook groaned, pressing his lips to taehyung's once again, their lips dancing and soon bonding together.

it was only then jungkook realized the situation he was in, widening his eyes before slowly pushing taehyung off. "w-wait tae- we can't-" he gasped as he felt taehyung grind on his thigh. 

"why? you think you'll regret it later? jungkook, please." taehyung spat out in anger, tears prickling his eyes.

"please, jimin might-"

"so this because of jimin?" now it had been jungkook's turn to widen his eyes. 

"don't blame jimin for everything." jungkook said angrily. 

"that's what you might think but at least try to put yourself in someone else's perspective for once. do you even care about me anymore? jungkook, I fucking love you but you can't seem to even realize that. to pull it all off, that phone call broke me. it fucking hurt." taehung wiped the tears that had been suddenly rolling down his cheeks, letting out a choked sob as he quickly stood up from jungkook's lap, the front door slamming shut only seconds later.

it was the first time he spent the night alone in weeks, quietness now taking over the air. 

jungkook didn't know how long he spent the rest of the night staring at that same spot.

---

a/n

sry for being late on everything. ill have the entire book finished before new years so yall dont have to suffer from my late updates anymore hhnnng

also the chapter was rushed,, ill fix it whenever.