Chapter 11

Lucy wandered around the forest. She knew that when you were lost you're supposed to stay where you are and wait for someone to find you. This was the Muggle earth thing to do.

In Narnia, all Lucy had to do was ask the trees if she ever got lost, which was a rarity.

However, this was the Forbidden Forest. The chances of something dangerous not finding her before a witch or wizard found her if they were even looking for her, was very slim.

Lucy was getting nervous. Oh, if only she had her dagger. She would feel much safer if she had a weapon with her. Her wand! Snap. In one smooth movement Lucy drew her wand and had it directed in the direction of the sound.

Then, out from the shadows emerged a unicorn.

--------------------

Lucy held onto its mane and walked beside it as it led her towards the East. "To the glistening Eastern Seas, I give you, Queen Lucy, the Valiant." As Lucy recalled her and her sibling's crowing she smiled. "Once a king or queen of Narnia, always a king or queen of Narnia."

Lucy spotted Snape using his wand to light his surroundings. Lucy felt a bit foolish for not using her wand for light, but was more delighted at seeing a Professor that likely knew the way back.

"Professor!" Lucy called out and stepped forward, letting go of the unicorn's mane.

The Valiant Queen quickly noticed that the unicorn didn't move forward with her. She turned to find the majestic unicorn bend its knees and lower its head.

She smiled and inclined her head. "Thank you for your service, my friend." With that the unicorn rushed off. "May Aslan bless you." Lucy murmured under her breath.