Chapter 22

First day back at school after the Autumn break, Dinner.

Lucy barely spoke to anyone, she was very distracted. She paid close attention to Snape while doing her best to be discreet about it, and after many years of being monarchs, Lucy and her siblings were exceptionally good at that.

Then, during the feast... "Troll! In the dungeon! Troll in the dungeon! Thought you ought to know." Which was promptly followed by Professor Quirrell fainting.

For a moment, nobody moved. Then, lighting clapped and everyone panicked. Their screaming was thankfully brought to a halt at Dumbledore's call for silence. "Everyone will please not panic. Now, Prefects will lead their house back to the dormitories. Teachers will follow me to the dungeons." Dumbledore commanded.

Lucy watched Snape slip out the side door unnoticed from the corner of her eye and for a moment was torn. Follow Snape and demand am answer or search for her friend, Hermione. While Lucy's main focus was on Professor Snape, it hadn't escaped her notice that Hermione was notably missing.

Lucy swiftly decided to search for Hermione since she may well be in danger.

Carefully searching Hermione's haunts,  Lucy eventually entered the girl's bathroom to find Harry and Ron throwing wood chunks at the troll. All that would do is annoy the troll, she knew.

Harry grabbed onto the troll's club and Lucy dashed off to get help. There wasn't a lot she could do without her weapons, or any weapons for that matter and with her limited amount of knowledge regarding magic rendering her wand, she almost completely useless.