Insight Into the Rede: Part 2

"Honor the Old Ones in deed and name,

let love and light be our guides again.

Deosil go by the waxing moon, chanting out the joyful tune.

Widdershins go when the moon doth wane,

and the werewolf howls by the dread wolfsbane."

The first line here refers to the old laws and how they should be kept in mind as you follow your path. An article that speaks of these and lists them out can be found here: http://wicca.cnbeyer.com/laws/old_laws.shtml

If you wold like me to talk about these comment below. Otherwise I will leave it to you to look into on your own. Of course you are always welcome to ask questions in the comments below.

"Deosil go by the waxing moon, chanting out the joyful tune."

The term "deosil" speaks of a clock-wise motion. The waxing moon is from the time shortly after a new moon up to the full moon. This is usually a time for positive magicks such as healing or growth. My interpretation is that when casting a circle during this time following a clockwise pattern will prove more powerful as it also resembles moving forward or gaining.

"Widdershins go when the moon doth wane"

Widdershins is another term for counter-clockwise. From shortly after the full moon up to the new moon is a time for negative or magicks that shed away to start fresh. The counter-clockwise patter can act as going back in time shedding past. Thus, this line speaks of for strength in casting during this time casting counter-clockwise is a better option.

  "and the werewolf howls by the dread wolfsbane."  

wolfsbane is a herb most commonly used for protection and can be used in sachets that you carry with you to add to your own wards. It can help protect you from darker beings that may seek to harm you.

As there is a fare bit of reading in the link I gave above I figured I would keep this entry small. Do tell me if you would like me to go into greater detail on any of my above statements or if you have more information to share. I am always willing to learn and I want this to be a place we can all work together to learn.