Insight into the rede: Part 3

Thank you for reading. If you haven't read my earlier entry we are looking into the rede and this is part 3 of the series. This session we will be looking into this part of the rede:

"When the Lady's moon is new, kiss the hand to Her times two.

When the moon rides at Her peak then your heart's desire seek.

Heed the North winds mighty gale, lock the door and trim the sail.

When the Wind blows from the East, expect the new and set the feast.

When the wind comes from the South, love will kiss you on the mouth.

When the wind whispers from the West, all hearts will find peace and rest."

This section does kind of speak for itself though so I'll probably go over the last part of the rede as well this entry. 

The first line tells reminds us that we should remain thankful to the goddess for what she has done for us during this lunar cycle and then the second states that the best time for asking things is when the moon is highest in the sky the night you choose. Each phase of the moon has different properties and power so that is important to look at as well. 

The next four lines look to the wind which can be a powerful tool to those with us who keep our eyes open for signs. The wind can remind us of the past and even warn us of what is to come. Like when it comes from the north most commonly it brings storms but if you are say meditating or doing a ritual and a sudden current of air from the north appears it may mean danger or struggle is headed your way. From the east might mean that you are headed tword a time of fortune so it is important to be thankful and share this time with others. From the south speaks of love. from the west means you are headed tword a time of rest, which may mean it will be a time where nothing particularly good or bad happens or a time of stress is almost over. So the wind can be a powerful tool for divination. 

The next part:

 "Nine woods in the Cauldron go, burn them fast and burn them slow.

Birch in the fire goes to represent what the Lady knows

Oak in the forest towers with might, in the fire it brings the God's insight.

Rowan is a tree of power causing life and magick to flower.

Willows at the waterside stand ready to help us to the Summerland.

Hawthorn is burned to purify and to draw faerie to your eye

Hazel-the tree of wisdom and learning adds its strength to the bright fire burning.

White are the flowers of Apple tree that brings us fruits of fertility.

Grapes grow upon the vine giving us both joy and wine.

Fir does mark the evergreen to represent immortality seen.

Elder is the Lady's tree burn it not or cursed you'll be."

To put it simply this section talks about different woods used in rituals and making of tools. Birch can help you find knowledge, oak also brings knowledge and which one you use determines weather you are reaching out to the god or goddess. Rowan brings life and power to magick endevers.

Willow is not burned but was at one time what coffins were weaved out of this wood due to it's properties and therefore it tends to be associated the afterlife. The summerland is the world we travel to after death. It is a place of peace and rest before we return to the world of the living.Willow is a very flexible wood that can be used in all kinds of weaving projects. 

Hawthorn purifies and is also good for any ritual or spell that has to do  with the fey.

Hazel is another wood that can bring insight. I personally like to use this one for information I need right away.

The flowers of an apple tree can help bring good things into your home and can be used for a lot of things but it is often related to purity so it tends to be associated with child-bearing.

Grapes can bring joy to us. Due to this fact I like to always have a bowl of grapes when I host any social gathering. I think it helps to bring a light-hearted atmosphere. 

Fir helps with longevity and speaks of our immortal soul. Our souls go through life many times and the memories and thoughts are deeply rooted just out of reach of our conscious selves. Some people are able to slip into  other incarnations of their souls momentarily or access wisdom and memories from these past lives. I believe that burning fir can actually help activate this ability.

Then lastly the Elder wood is very important in Wicca. It is sacred and should never be burned.It can be used in may other ways though and is a powerful wood type.

The next chapter will be the last for my interpretation of the Rede. I would love to hear your opinions though so feel free to comment.