1. Replaced by a doctor

Okay just a warning for in case you will read this. This will be a short story, not a long Au story with more than thirty chapters like I usually write.

Plus it's the first time that I write like this. The 'I' way with povs. This started as a test but i ended up making a story hehe.

And laassst: English is not my native language,

Enjoy xx

----

John's pov
There I stood. In front of Two Hundred and Twenty One B, Baker Street where my dearest friend Sherlock Holmes lives. I haven't seen Sherlock for 3 weeks now. Even though I had a rough month. I kept trying to contact my friend. Because I know that Sherlock felt like I abandoned him. And I wanted him to know that I will always be there for him. Sadly, it's like I don't exist for him. I don't know why, but it seems like he doesn't want to hear me. He always declines my phone calls nor ignores my texts. I got slightly concerned when he didn't answer me after sending several texts. I thought something was going on.

Last time when I didn't see Sherlock for a month he was on drugs. I didn't want to risk anything. I was planning to go over to him, but I got stopped by Mary. She wanted me to stay, because she felt sick. I decided to call Mrs Hudson, asking her if he was doing alright. She told me he was being Sherlock. I chuckled when she said that. I'm actually missing that idiot.

I'm also extremely exhausted. The last weeks I've been taking care of the baby room. Painting the walls, assembling a fancy cradle. Mary wanted everything perfectly done for when the baby comes. Plus I had to work five days each week in the surgery. Now that finally the nursery is done, I can visit my friend whom ignores me completely. I wonder why.

'Sorry John, phone was laying in the kitchen, couldn't reach it.' I wouldn't be surprised if I get this as reply.

I sighed and searched my keys in my pocket so I can enter. I smiled while ascending the stairs. When I stood in front of the door, which leaded to Sherlock's flat. I paused, hearing voices. Sherlock Holmes's deep baritone voice reverberated through the flat. There also was a female voice which I not recognized. I was hoping she was just a client. Of course, I would be happy if Sherlock finds someone to share his life with. But that means that I would see him much less. He had been ignoring me for weeks. What would happen if he's dating? I sighed again and knocked on the wooden door, hearing both voices stop.

"Yes." A similar voice said, inviting me to come inside. I turned the doorknob to the right side and pushed it forwards so that the door opened. I felt slightly uncomfortable, coming here after being ignored for weeks.

"John." He said with surprise, sitting up more straight.

"Sherlock." I greeted, stepping inside. I looked over at the woman. She was obviously very rich. She had long brown hair, freckles were covering her tip-tilted nose. She smiled nicely at me. I nodded in her direction, not really bothering to introduce myself to her.

"What are you doing here?" He asked wonderingly, his eyebrows knitted together.

"Checking on my friend." I paused. "Sherlock, you've been ignoring my texts and calls for weeks. Is there any reason why?" I asked him as I walked into the kitchen. I know I don't live here anymore, but Sherlock always said that I can walk in like I live here. So he doesn't mind that I make tea without permission. While waiting on a respond from my friend, I clicked on the button from the kettle so it can start heating. I then searched for a cup when finally Sherlock spoke up.

"I've been busy." He said simply. The woman who sat the opposite from him. In my armchair, chuckled softly. Sherlock narrowed his eyes at her and she stopped immediately. I thought it was odd, but I shrugged it away.