3. Caring

John's pov

After I finished the tea, I decided to leave again. I felt unwanted here with Robin sitting in my armchair. I was Jealous on him, living here. I know I have a perfect life with Mary, but everything is so dull there. I go to work, come home, eat dinner and that's it. Maybe when I'm lucky I have a nice shag. My life with Sherlock was exciting, extraordinary. In the beginning before the marriage between me and Mary, we used to go to the flat at least four times in the week. But now, everything changed. I wish it was different but what can I do with a pregnant wife. I truly love Mary, I really do. I just wish things were different.

I swung my hand in the air as I saw a cab driving in my direction. It pulled up in front of me and I got in. I told the cabbie my address and we trusted forwards. I looked up, while driving away from Bakerstreet. I could see Sherlock looking out of the window, staring down at me. I felt bad for him, being stuck with Robin. I felt relieved when I received the text from him. It said enough, I had permission from Sherlock to shot that idiot down. Of course I couldn't do that.

After a ride of fifteen minutes I arrived home. I thanked and paid the cabbie and stepped out. I searched my keys and opened the door, immediately greeted by Mary her voice who was calling me.

"Oh John." She yelled, sounding exhausted. I frowned and entered the living room where Mary laid on the sofa, her left hand resting on her fore head. I could see that she was sweating. I rushed towards Mary and kneeled in front of her.

"Are you feeling okay, Mary?" I asked her, removing her hand from her forehead so I could lay mine upon it. She felt warm. "Mary what do you feel?" She rolled with her eyes, I knew she is a doctor as well. And she would know if something was wrong. But still, I don't want to take any risks.

"It's nothing bad, John." She sighed.

"Mary." I started but stopped as I saw Mary squeezing her eyes shut, obviously because she was in pain. "For Christ's sake Mary." I yelled with annoyance mixed with concern.

"I haven't eaten yet today. If I eat something it will be over." She said while sitting upright but I simply pushed her down again.

"I'll make you a sandwich." I offered.

"Okay, thank you John." She thanked me with a soft smile.

"If it doesn't help, we go to the hospital, okay." I told her gently and gave a soft kiss on her cheek. She nodded and closed her eyes. I then walked away, glancing over at her once again before wheeling the corner. I prepared two sandwiches with jam and made one for myself. I also made tea for both of us. When I was done I walked back inside, seeing Mary sitting upright. I handed the plate with food and a cup of tea in her hands. I sat next to her and covered both our laps with a blanket that was folded neatly behind the sofa and scooted closer to her. She smiled fondly at me and took a bite of the sandwich I prepared.

"How was Sherlock?" She asked me.

"Fine." I muttered, lying. It wasn't fine. My best friend is replacing me with a silly rich doctor.

"What's wrong?" Mary asked. I sighed.

"It's nothing to worry about. You should rest, love." I said, laying my hand on her stomach. She gave me one of those looks that Sherlock also likes to give me.

"John." She said placing her hand upon mine, which was still resting on our baby. "What's bothering?"

"Sherlock has a new flatmate. I know I don't live there anymore. It's been years. But I feel replaced and I know that we will lose contact even more than now. I've seen him twice in three weeks. Now with his new flatmate." I sighed. "What happens when the baby is here." I told her. She squeezed my hand in reassuring. That's why I love her so much, she's always so caring.

"John. Can you give me my phone?" She said softly. I frowned. I didn't expect this. I thought she would say something to comfort me, but no. I sighed while nodding and walked over to the dining table where her phone was laying and took it in my hands. I handed her the phone and sunk back down into the sofa. I was glaring at the screen, curious about what was so important to disturb 'cheering' me up. When suddenly I see her fingers touching a familiar name on the screen. Sherlock.

"Mary what are yo-"

"Hush John." She said, placing a finger on my lips so I would shut my mouth, what worked. I pursed my lips together as her finger slide away. She held the phone at her ear.

"Ah Sherlock. It's Mary." She said. "Do you have plans tonight?" She continued. I frowned, what the hell was she doing. I opened my mouth planning to ask what she was doing, but she raised her hand, showing me to keep shutting my mouth. I rolled my eyes. She knew me to well. "Great! Well, you and John will spend some time together tonight. John will pick you up around seven o'clock tonight." She said and blabbered about some other things before she hung up. To be honest I'm quite happy about this. When she laid the phone on the armrest, I leaned closer to her.

"You're the best, thank you." I said and leaned in for a gentle kiss. I felt her smiling through the kiss and I then pulled back. "What about you and the baby. You're not feeling well today." I pointed out.

"Don't worry about that. I phone a friend to stay over. Lady night with our three." She said as she smiled down at our unborn child.

"Okay." I said and curled up against her, my hand resting on her stomach again. I didn't have to make me ready yet. It's still too early. So me and Mary laid for the rest of the midday together on the sofa watching some crap telly. Mary told me that Sherlock and I should go to the pub, having a boys night. I smiled at the reminder that we got in jail for a night after a wild night. Well, not really wild. We were gone for like two hours or so. Still can't believe that we got intoxicated after thirty minutes.

I wouldn't mind waking up in the jail though. It would do me good, having a fun night with Sherlock. Maybe if he drinks a bit; I'd find out why he is acting so strange lately. Anyways, that's not the case tonight. Just me and Sherlock against the rest of the world. A sentence Sherlock used to say when we were chasing criminals.

Sherlock should be the godfather of our child. I hope to see him more then. Just no babysitting, no way.