4. You okay?

John's pov

It was six o'clock so I decided to make me ready after I cleaned the kitchen. I've prepared Spaghetti bolognaise for the three of us. With us I mean Mary, me and our unborn daughter. It tasted good I guess. I'm happy to see that Mary was feeling better. Because I wouldn't feel comfortable tonight, knowing my wife would be at home with pain while I was having fun with Sherlock.

I walked into the bathroom and took a quick shower, pulled on fresh clothes and emerged the bathroom. I took both car and house keys in my hands but got stopped by Mary. Her hand placed on my chest.

"And what are you doing?" She asked me, her voice high pitched, her other hand sliding towards my waist. Wait what? Wasn't she the one that told me to go to a pub with Sherlock tonight? I frowned deeply, waiting on her to continue.

"You will take a cab John Watson. Don't tell me you won't drink tonight." She said, taking my car keys out of my hands, gently.

"Yea." I replied and pecked her cheek softly while placing my hand on our baby. I said goodbye to both my girls and emerged the house. I walked down the street. Since that my street hasn't much traffic. I wouldn't be able to catch a cab easily here. So I decided to walk towards the busy street, five minutes away. Immediately a cab was coming into my direction as I entered the street. So I swung my hand in the air with a smile, and the cab pulled up in front of me.

"Two Hundred and Twenty One B, Baker Street" I said to the cabbie who nodded at me. I sighed in relief. I missed saying this address to cabbies. On the way to Baker Street I was looking blankly outside, not paying attention to whatever I passed by. I was thinking about Sherlock and Robin, curious about what they were doing right now. Would they laugh? Is Robin yelling at Sherlock right now, telling Sherlock that he doesn't want a head in the fridge. I chuckled at the reminders. One time I was really pissed on him when he put a penis into the mayonnaise.

"We're here sir." The cabbie said. I shook my head slightly and nodded. I paid and stepped out of the cab, ducking my hand in my pocket but then I sighed. I only brought my own house keys with me. I knocked twice on the door and waited on someone to open the door. The door opened and a very familiar figure opened the door. I smiled warmly at Mrs Hudson and she opened her mouth, probably very surprised to see me.

"Oh John!" She said, pulling at my arms and after she closed the door, she took me in a tight embrace. "It's lovely to see you dear." She said motherly and pulled back.

"It's lovely to see you as well, Mrs Hudson." I replied fondly.

"You're here for Sherlock?" She asked.

"Well, obviously." I chuckled. I then said my goodbye and ascended the stairs. I knocked onto the door and I automatically clenched my teeth as I heard Robin's voice telling me to come inside. I sighed, entering the flat.

"Oh hello..." He paused, trying to remember my name.

"John." I interrupted. "Where's Sherlock?" I asked him.

"He went to his room five hours ago." I nodded at him and started making my way to his room. "Hey um John." He said, clearing his throat. "Is it normal that he never eats?" I rolled with my eyes and nodded. God dammit Sherlock. I pushed open his door and my eyes widened as I saw Sherlock curled up on his bed, cuddling his pillow, his eyes squeezing shut. This was extremely odd. I walked over to him after I said his name twice.

"Sherlock?" I said again, crouching down in front of him. He was sweating furiously. I started to worry about my friend. "Sherlock for god's sake answer me." I demanded, placing my hand on his forehead, checking his temperature. It was extremely hot. I cupped his face in my hands, shaking his head with both my hands. I saw his forehead crinkling and suddenly he opened his red, swollen eyes.

"John?" He asked with a croaked voice, surprised to see me here.

"What the hell is happening Sherlock?" I asked. I never had seen him like this before. Only when he was on drugs but that was different. He seemed in pain now, and I couldn't bear to see him like this. He then flickered his eyes to my hands that were cupping his face and frowned. I took this a signal that he felt uncomfortable that I was in his personal space. I backed away a bit. He then closed his eyes again.

"There is nothing happening." He stated quietly.

"Nothing happening? I'm a doctor Sherlock, I'm not stupid. Even a child can see that there is something wrong." I said, my voice raising up. Why is he always so stubborn?

"How late is it?" He mumbled.

"Almost seven o'clock." I informed.

"I should refresh me then." He muttered. I frowned, pushing him back down.

"No, you'll stay right here." I demanded. "Don't move. I'll go search for a thermometer." I added and received a growl and a sigh. But I didn't care the slightest. I entered the bathroom, searching one and after a minute I found it in one of the drawers. I returned to his room and saw that Sherlock moved to the middle of the bed. Probably making space for me to sit at his side. I smiled as I found out. I sat myself down next to Sherlock who was still lying on the bed, his body covered with the sheet. He coughed softly.

"Open your mouth." I said. He looked up at me, frowning.

"John I'm not a child." He said with annoyance.

"You're acting like one, so you'll be treated like one." I said. He rolled with his eyes, not opening his mouth when the thermometer was in front of his mouth. I gave him a stern look.

"Oh my god I can't believe this." He said frustrated and opened his mouth, giving in. I chuckled and put it inside his mouth.

"Sherlock!" I yelled as I felt him biting on the thermometer.

"What?" He slurred.

"You are biting in it." I stated. He rolled his eyes and I felt that he stopped biting on it. A bit later the thermometer beeped and I took it in my hands and scanned the information. "Okay, you have a fever." I muttered. Sherlock sighed, clearly annoyed.

"How is that possible, I'm never sick?" He said in disbelief.

"Well, believe it or not. You have one." I said, smiling at the toddler lying beside me.

"Are you leaving again?" Sherlock asked me, his voice was quiet and croaking. It made feel uncomfortable and I could deduce in the way he said this, that he didn't want me to go. So I simply replied that I will stay at his side.

"Of course not. I'm your doctor remember." I said gently. "I will make you a cup of tea, okay?" I asked as I got up. He nodded while trembling slightly. I smiled and walked towards the door but stopped in my tracks as Sherlock spoke up again.

"Thank you John." He said softly. I felt my heart beat accelerating and I turned around.

"It's fine." I said fondly and emerged the room.