Chapter 6

Nicole wondered about Joel. Why doesn't he know where is anymore? Where is he? He seems scared. Nicole's thoughts swirled as she took a sip from her drink. The phone rang again. She picked it up.
"Hey Nicole." Joel's voice said. Nicole's eyes started to blur with hit tears.
"How is everything?" She asked.
"I'm not safe at all so I'm coming home. Hopefully they'll not be able to follow me." Joel said.
"What is going on Joel?"
"I'll tell you when I get home."
"You better."
"I will don't worry. I have to go. I think they found me." Joel said. Nicole heard people approach Joel and then she heard fighting. Then there was nothing.

Joel had managed to get out of that fight as soon as it had begun. He was still scared. Nothing could snap him out of that. He had found himself in a bustling city. He recognized the city to be Washington DC. He was relieved to still be on the east coast and in a city that was too busy for those girls to find him. Joel shuddered as a breeze blew past him. It was cold. He made his threw the streets until he reached a huge building marked The Jeffersonian. A man was exiting the building with a woman. They were obviously in love with each other. They noticed Joel standing there in the cold. The adrenaline in Joel, that had kept him upright and going, wore off and he fell to the ground. The couple rushed over to him. He was barely conscious when they were standing over him.
"Come on Hodgins. Let's get him inside." The woman said.

The phone rang. Brennan picked it up.
"Hello. This Dr. Temperance Brennan." Brennan said. Booth and Benji looked up and faintly heard some squabbling. "Whoa slow down Angela. You and Hodgins found who?" More squabbling. "Okay. Booth and I will be there right away with his brother." Brennan said as she got her coat on and hung up the phone.
"What did Angela say?" Benji asked.
"She found Joel while she was getting ready to leave with Hodgins. In fact they were outside with Joel and saw him collapse." Brennan said. They brought him inside the Jeffersonian. Which is where we'll meet them." Brennan said.