Chapter Seven Cheating Death & Finding Love

"No, how is it possible? You're supposed to be dead. I shot you..." I said "You forgot about one crucial thing, sweetheart... Kevlar vest underneath..." Jared said "Damn it..." I said "Like I said, Anna. You need a husband who isn't a fugitive on the run.." Jared said "Su hijo de puta." Marco said "Back away, slowly, and no harm will come to her..." Jared said "Why are you doing this?" I asked "I was about to rob the store, like Gutierrez and his men here, but I ran out of time and they had already started taking hostages. I had to keep my cover so I lied about the whole thing..." Jared said "And looking for a gift for your sister's wedding, I suppose that was a lie, too?" I asked "You bought that story, and I don't have any siblings, you're bright, but very naïve." Jared said "You screwed with us this whole time..." Paula said "Looks like I have to bust some heads." Jared said "Have you been lying about who you are, Jared, if that is your actual name..." I said "There is no way that I would steal someone's identity before pulling a jewel heist.." Jared said "Anna, run over here..." Marco said, extending his arm "She's not going anywhere, Gutierrez. Unless you want her to die." Jared said "Púdrete, Jared." Marco said "We trusted you.." I said "Time to go, Anna." Jared said dragging me by the ends of my hair "Marco!" I yelled "Anna, I'm coming." Marco said running after Jared "No! Get your hands off me!" I yelled "Anna?" Marco called "I'm not in here, Gutierrez, but Anna's not far away..." Jared said "Anna, I will find you." Marco said 'Marco had followed Jared's footprints to a room, where the door had locked behind him...' "Anna! Jared, if you hurt her, there will be hell to pay! Do you hear me?" Marco screamed "Marco... You monster. What did you do?!" I yelled pounding my fists into his chest "I saved you, from living a life on the run as the wife of a wanted fugitive. Think about it, Anna. You can go back to your old life, before all this happened. You can have a normal life again. Reconnect with your long lost sister. Take her home to reconnect with your mother. The perfect family reunion. All you have to do is leave him behind." Jared said "I don't want my old life back, despite being a wanted thief, he helped me move on from my ex. We have a special bond. A connection. He opened my heart, after Rick, he showed me how to love again, Jared." I said "Open your eyes, he's a wanted criminal." Jared said "Let him go. Now!" I said, pointing a gun at his chest "Anna, let's be reasonable about this.." Jared said "Let him out, or I will blow your brains out all over this vault." I said "You would go to prison for killing me." Jared said "Not if I say I shot you in self defense because you tried to take advantage of me.." I said "Jared!!!" Marco yelled 'Jared led me to one of the many vaults, afterwards I pulled the trigger, killing Jared. I then take the code from Jared's pocket punching it in, and opening the door..' "Anna..? You just killed him..." Marco said "He told me I should cut you from my life and go back the way it was. I don't want my old life back I've moved on from that with your help. I saw another side of you, Marco Gutierrez. A side that I learned to love... Someone that I couldn't imagine living without." I said, wrapping my arms tightly around him "So, you admit your feelings for me?" Marco said "Yeah, I guess I do. I never saw it before, now I can't picture myself in a world without you beside me." I said "Anna..." Marco said gently brushing his lips to my ear 'I hold him close, the warmth of his blood had kissed my flesh, I wrap a leg around his, looking deep into his eyes as we run out of the vault... I had found a man inside of him that no one else could see in him. A whole different person, someone I had fallen deeply and unconditionally in love with him... I was as certain as there were stars in the night sky...'

~End of Chapter 7~