Chapter Eleven The Police Warning

"Wilfred, what have you done? You've signed our death notices. You've killed all of us, Goddammit." I said, hitting my fist against the wall "Anna, ángel, calm down. What happened-- Son of a bitch. I thought I was crystal clear when I told Step-Daddy not to send the cops." Marco said "I had no idea he would try to go behind your back, I swear. Please, Marco. I didn't know. I promise. I swear I didn't know. I told him not to send the cops before you released him, I made him promise." I said, hot tears rolling down my face "If you say you had no idea, you had no idea, cariña. I don't hold you accountable." Marco said "Marco Luiz Gutierrez, release the hostages and you and your men come out of the store with your hands behind your heads." The sheriff called "Anna, promise me that you'll wait for me. No matter how long it takes." Marco said "Don't talk like that, you're not going to jail, alright? You did nothing to hurt me. I'll defend you. You won't be locked up." I said "Anna, I have to turn myself in, it's what's best for us." Marco said "No, we both know that you would think it best for me if you were taken and locked away. My heart belongs to you, Marco Gutierrez." I said "So, you want me to take you as my hostage, and 'threaten' to kill you so they won't haul my ass to jail? I can't do that, Anna. I can't fake a hostage nab and getaway so I don't go to jail." Marco said "Marco... I need you. You can't leave me." I said "My father always said si amas algo, déjalo libre, if you love something, set it free. Annabeth, I let you go. I want you to walk out of this store, and don't turn back. You can have your life back, be with your sister. Reconnect with her." Marco said "No... I am not leaving you. If you want me to leave, you'll have to kill me. Because I won't go back to who I was all those years ago. I have left that part of me behind." I said "Anna, go. This life isn't what you want." Marco said "I don't care. You're not pushing me away, dammit. You made me fall in love with you, Marco." I said grasping onto his clingy sweat-covered shirt "Annabeth, you're free. Just promise that you'll wait for me." Marco said 'It was then that Gomez and Montoya were being hauled into the back of a squad car, and the chief of police had approached Marco, aggressively patting him down...' "Alright, Gutierrez. On the ground place your hands behind your head. You're coming with us. He won't be harassing you anymore, Miss Becker. You're free to go home." The chief said "Wait, Anna. Remember your promise to me." Marco said "Yes, I will wait for you." I said softly 'He was placed in a separate car, his hands and ankles cuffed, we look at each other with saddened eyes, until the car was completely out of sight, a tear had rolled down my cheek, I had wiped at my eye, seeing that he had dropped his watch, which I had picked up, holding it to my chest.. as a reminder of the time we had spent together, the few months where he made me care for a criminal..'

~End of Chapter 11~